Chapter 14

"Wait, that's Ali," Spencer says, as the picture comes into focus.

"But, Ali already had a fake ID," I remember, reading the name on the card, Vivian Darkbloom.

"Why would Ali need a fake ID that didn't even look like her?" Emily questions.

00000000000

"Wait, do you have to go too?" Spencer asks me, "I was hoping you could sleep over I thought maybe we could both use the company." I had told the girls most of the things between Jason and I, and they knew him being away and only calling me when he is on the road because his grandma's house has no service made me jittery, but I hadn't told Spencer about her dad. I didn't like spending alone time with her anymore because I would watch her and be able to pick out things both her and Jason do.

"I'd like that, but I made plans with Mike, we're trying to hangout more because his therapist and our parents think it's good for him. Thankfully he thinks so too." Spencer smiles in the way I know she isn't happy about it so I decide to try to cheer her up. "Have you talked to Toby?"

"No." She lets out, her eyes watering up like Jason but never letting the tears drop.

"I didn't see his truck outside."

"I drove it to his parents house, and sat in it for a few minutes, listening to the radio," Spencer slowly tries to get the words out.

"I'm so sorry," I tell her, wrapping my arms around her and hugging her.

0000000000

"Hello?" I cautiously say over the phone when a random number calls me, no one answers so I repeat myself. "Hello, who is this?"

"God, it's good to hear your voice."

"Jason?!" I jump up from my bed in excitement, my textbook falling to the floor.

"Hey Aria,' I can hear the smile in his voice, he sounds more relaxed then he did when he last called.

"Are you on your way home? Are you done working?"

"I don't know," my doorbell rings. "You tell me." He hangs up then, and I run down the stairs, dropping my phone on the carpet and throwing the door open to see Jason Dilaurentis standing there in his brown jacket, jeans, and messed up hair.

I throw my arms around him without really taking him in, making him stagger back and laugh.

"God, I'm so happy you're back." I tell him, his arms going around my waist to help me be tall enough to have my arms around his shoulders. He buries his head in my neck.

"I missed you too."

"Jason?" I let go of Jason and turn around to see my mom turn the corner. "Hey it's good to see you," she reaches past me and offers her hand.

"Good to see you too, Ella. How's school?"

"Good, actually I need to talk to you about the counseling you were doing before you left, do you want to stay for dinner?" She asks, glancing at me as we both notice one of Jason's arms still wrapped around my waist.

"Sure, I wasn't going to cook tonight and I'm tired of takeout, let me go lock my car," he looks down at me as mom steps back around the corner. "I have some before and after pictures of the house in the car. I was going to show you later but I'll bring them in now if you want to see them?"

"Sure, I'm studying for a chem. test right now, so I'll bring my books down while you go to your car." He smiles and reluctantly lets me go back inside.