Chapter 25

"Emily went to Radley today to get some time away from Nate talking about Jenna," I tell Spencer as we drive back from the Brew. Behind us I can hear the sound of tires squealing.

"Nate has no idea what he is getting himself into," Spencer says just as a familiar red car drives past us. "Jason?" She asks, behind able to see the driver better than me.

"Wh- JASON!" I scream as I watch the car run into a light post. I unbuckle and open the door, hitting the ground running as Spencer stops the car. I run to his car, throwing the door open. "Jason are you okay?" I ask, his eyes are open, but their hazy and his head rolls over to look at me. It doesn't seem like he sees me, or registers who I am as he reaches for the door to close it.

"Are you drunk?" Spencer asks. Jason tries to glare at her but it doesn't work.

"Jason, are you okay?" I ask trying to get him to look at me.

"Aria, the police will be here soon."

"Good, maybe they'll lock me up with Garett," Jason snickers, a part of me is relieved he can speak and still has memory now that I can see blood appearing at his hairline.

"Jason move over," I order. He continues to try to close the door so I push him myself. "Spencer, follow us back to my house." She nods and helps me push Jason over to the passenger seat then runs back to her car as I put the car in reverse and drive away from the scene. "Damnit Jason." I mutter, not looking back at him as I speed to my house.

My dad was out for the night with Meredith and my mom is staying at an apartment, so the only one that is home is Mike. He comes out of the house when he sees two cars pull into the driveway. "What's going on?" He asks when I get out of a wrecked Dilaurentis rental car.

"Mike, help me get Jason inside." I order, walking around the side of the car and opening the door just in time for Jason to bend over and throw up on the drive way. "Actually, Spencer and I got him, I need you to get the hose and then drive this car to Emily's." I turn to my little brother and see he is a little frightened but mainly whiplashed. "Hurry!"

Mike runs around the house as Spencer and I put Jason's arms around our shoulders and struggle to get him inside. He groans when Spencer accidentally hits his hand on the doorway, but I don't reprimand her, beyond pissed that he would put himself in a situation that could get him hurt. We let him fall on top of my bed after five minutes of dragging him upstairs.

"Spencer, there is a first aid kid in the bathroom, will you go grab it? It's behind the mirror." She nods and leave the room.

Jason sits up and leans against the wall. "Go ahead, yell." Jason sneers at me. "Are you gonna get your little posy together to share the details of me getting drunk?" I step back a little, not use to Jason speaking to me like this, memories of him drunk and yelling at Ali coming back. "The four of you are perfect pons of Ali's, always getting everyone around you in trouble but keeping yourselves safe." I just stare at Jason as he looks at me in disgust when Spencer comes back in. She glances between Jason and I, but hands me the kit without asking questions. I climb up on the bed and try to clean up the wound on his head but he moves away from me. "Get away, your teacher might have let you baby him but I'm a real man."

"Jason!" Spencer gasps at Jason's harsh words, but I give Jason a stern look which he replies with a death glare.

"Either let me fix your wound or I'll drive you home and let your father deal with you," I snap. Jason continues to glare at me but when I start to wipe the blood away he doesn't lean away.

"Why were you drinking, Jason?" Spencer asks, Jason moves his eyes to her and fixes her with a glare also.

"Are you stupid?" Jason sneers.

"Because your dad is back?"

"No that's too small," I shoot down the idea. "It would have to be a mixture of big things. Like his dad saying something bad and the Garett thing coming up."

Jason pushes me away and stands up, using the wall to support himself. I fall on the floor, the rug cushioning my fall a little. "What do you know?" Jason asks, his words no longer slurring.

"I know that my Jason wouldn't drink unless someone provided the beers and you were angrier than you were when you found out someone stole Alison's body."

"Your Jason?" Jason sneers, looking me up and down as I stand up and cross my arms.

"Spencer, sober him up please, I'm going to check on Mike." I walk out of the room and turn the corner towards the stairs, but lean against the wall and take a deep breath. I can her Spencer and Jason yelling at each other in my room, but when I see Mike run in the room and up the stairs that becomes background noise.

"Dad's home," Mike tells me, he takes in my state and is about to ask what's wrong but I turn around and walk back into the room.

"You need to go."

"Aw, did I make you upset?" Jason sneers, looking at Mike and I. "Oh, Mike."

"Mike go to your room." I order, not needing my brother to hear how mean his counselor could get when he was under the influence.

"Why?"

"Now. Mike." Spencer looks between the three of us, then grabs Mike's shoulder and pushes him out of the room.

"Careful, Aria, you might start sounding like Ali if you keep ordering people around."

"You're going to climb out the window and wait for Spencer to drive you home," I tell him.

"I'm not going to be ordered around by a little girl."

"This little girl is about to push you out a window if you don't listen!" I scream at Jason, done with being scared of his drunk self. Jason seems surprised that I'm yelling at him, but covers it up with a glare and stumbles to the window. I open it for him and show him where to grab the tree, Mike and I having worn down the tree in the spots that you climb down on. "Don't call me when you sober up."

"I won't," Jason barks, grabbing the tree and leaving without saying goodbye. When Spencer comes back in the room she asks if I'm okay, but I ignore the question and tell her what I told Jason, but tell her to go out the front door so my dad sees her.

"Are you going to be alright?" Spencer asks as we walk downstairs.

"Fine." I answer. "I got a text from Hannah, we're both going to your house. We're driving separately."