Chapter 21

"She asked if I was getting the texts again," Hannah tells us in the girls bathroom, all of us recounting what happened the previous night.

"That's all she said?" I clarify.

"Isn't that enough?" Emily asks.

"No. That's not enough," Spencer says like that's crazy. "Okay, Hannah you have to go back there. Alone."

"It's not so easy. Caleb is all over me right now."

"I don't need to know that," Spencer half jokes.

"Well Caleb's not finding dug up jewelry in his locker," I start. "Who's earring did Ali find in my dad's couch?"

"Okay one question at a time." Spencer tries to slow this down.

"Wait you're not gonna ask your mom why she is suddenly Garett's lawyer? I mean, seriously Spencer, what is that?"

"He probably told her it's time to lock Jenna up," Emily says, finally stopping the pacing. "She was driving that car that night, I remembered."

"Yeah we believe you, Emily. But honestly, I don't think you remember anything clearly from that night. Alright, you kept calling me Arlene." I say seriously, not wanting to put down Emily but needing us all to take what she says with a grain of salt.

"Guys she can see. She's probably on Mona's payroll."

"Mona doesn't have any cash," Hannah defends again. "They don't even allow her to have floss." The bell rings and Spencer grabs her bag, all of us needing to get to class os we don't get a detention for being late all of the time. We walk out the door then Spencer pushes us back in. "She's coming in here. Jenna's coming in here. Where's the earing?"

"What?"

"Give me the earing I have an idea." I fish out the earring that is not Meredith's.

"Ooh, Do I get to slap her again?" Hannah asks excitedly, Spencer shoots down that idea and takes the earring and places it on the sinks where anyone that could see would notice it. "Get in the stalls!"

We all pair up into a stall and watch as Jenna walks into the bathroom and rinses out her water bottle. We basically hold our breaths, keeping silent and holding the doors closed as we watch through he cracks, looking for proof that Jenna's surgery worked and she can in fact see. Jenna rinses out the water bottle and while she is putting the the bottle in her bag I can tell she caught sight of the earring because she pauses. Once the bottle is in her bad she picks up the earring and raises it up to her eye, taking down her sunglasses so we can watch her eyes follow it. Once she was done examining it, she put it back where she found it and left the bathroom.

"You know what? That is it. I'm going in for way more than a slap!" Hannah almost yells as we exit the stalls.

"Hannah stop." Spencer orders.

"Stop why?"!" Hannah yells, fed up like the rest of us with this bullshit. Spencer turns to me to speak logically but I was just as pissed.

"Don't look at me. I'm ready to hang a sign that says 'BITCH CAN SEE!'." I tell her, completely serious.

"Guys, she doesn't know that we know," Spencer tries to explain.

"She will in a minute," Emily snaps, and in my mind I was picturing Hannah holding Jenna down while Emily threw the punches.

"No. We don't let her know that we know. Not yet." Spencer says, finally showing she is mad too. "We can use this. And we will."

000000000

"Are you okay?" Jason squeezes my shoulder, and I realize the movie must have ended a few minutes ago. I sit up and look around, I wasn't even sure what movie we had been watching.