Chapter 8

Gilbert: Anne, I really need to tell you something. Will you go for a walk with me down Lovers' Lane?
Anne: Um... sure I guess? But you'll have to wait until I've finished all my chores.
Gilbert: Okay, see you later!

Anne and Diana
Diana: Why do you keep calling me?! I told you I was out with my parents!
Anne: I know, I'm so sorry! But I need to speak to someone and Jerry wasn't answering, nor was Jane or Ruby or even Josie!
Diana: Wow, you are desperate.
Diana: What's wrong?
Anne: I need an excuse to not be able to meet with Gilbert this evening.
Diana: Why? I thought you said just yesterday that he was one of your best friends!
Anne: Yeah, but I have a bad feeling about this evening... Actually, I know what he's planning on doing.
Diana: What are you talking about?! Just tell me!
Anne: I was reading under a tree yesterday afternoon and Charlie saw me. He started asking me about my feelings towards Gilbert. I don't like lying so I told him that I like Gilbert but I don't want more than friendship because that would ruin it all...
Anne: He said I best avoid being alone with Gilbert for awhile....
Diana: So... You're saying you need me to give an excuse to avoid Gilbert Blythe (who you actually like!) asking you out... All because a Sloane told you to?!
Diana: You do know how insane that is, right?
Anne: Pleaaaaaase!!!
Anne: Please please please!
Anne: *insert puppy dog eyes*
Diana: Ugh! You know I can't resist that!
Diana: Fine! I'll help. But you're making a mistake.
Anne: Thank you.

Anne and Gilbert
Anne: Change of plans... I'm going to meet up with Diana's family this evening
Gilbert: Oh.
Gilbert: Okay. Have fun Anne
Anne: Thanks Gil!

GROUP: Help me
Gilbert: Guys, you can stop preparing everything. She can't make it in the end.
Jerry: What?!
Josie: Are you telling me I spent all afternoon inflating balloons and trying to make sure Ruby doesn't find out FOR NOTHING?!
Gilbert: Not for nothing, I'll still pay you like planned...
Jerry: You will do no such thing. Josie, I'll pay you whatever is necessary and a bit extra if you leave the group and don't mention this to anyone.
Josie left the group
Jerry: Are you okay, man?
Gilbert: No
Gilbert: I had it all planned out and then she cancelled
Jerry: You can do it another day. I'll help you set it all up
Gilbert: Yeah, okay. Thanks Jerry.

Josie and Anne
Josie: You're stupid
Anne: ?

GROUP CHATजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें