BFFs 4 Life!!!

Life is a game of chances. You never know which number is gonna appear on the dice. A six means you did well and get rewarded with another turn. A mere 1 or 2 means you were out of luck. However at times even after scoring a 1 or 2: you work hard, you put all your efforts and even if you dont win...you dont loose either.
That is what Khushi Kumari Gupta always preaches. An orphan since she was an eight year old kid. Her spirits did not die out. A car accident took away her parents. But if God takes away something from you... he returns something else as a compromise. Dream-House Orphanage, Mother Superior, Lavanya Kashyap(Lolo) and her orphan mates were more than enough for her.

Khushi POV
Oh Christ!!!! My alarm betrayed me yet again. Ughhhh. Gosh just look at Lolo...sleeping happyily like a kid. There is so much to do? And this girl is dreaming in her own Lala land. Goshhhh.
"LOLOOOOOOOO...." I screamed as loudly as possible with my hands on my ears.
Haha...this is the quickest way to make her awake. And as expected Lavanya Kashyap woke up half asleep and half disoriented with her surroundings.
"WHATS WRONG....???"
"Nothing Lolo...its just that WE ARE LATE!!!!" I screamed in her ears.
"JESUS...KOKO...you crazy woman! I was dreaming about my prince charming. Why do you always have to do this?" Lolo shouted. Now totally awake.
"Good that you are up. Now come on. Get up quickly. I dont want to be late for the 1st lecture got it?!?" I scolded her and dashed to the washroom.

While taking a shower I made a mental list of the things that are pending. Hmmm. Need to change my diner shift for daytime on the weekend. Yup...did I mention that me and my best friend Lolo work at a restaurant diner? I did not right. We do. We study during the day time and work in the evening hours. After getting yet another scholarship post our bachelors, together we applied for an MBA scholarship through the special scheme of Orphan welfare programme. However we dont live in Dreamhouse now. Since we started earning Lolo thought it would be better to move out into a small 1BHK flat. And now we live here. But we can never forget our friends and Mother Superior. And that is the reason why every weekend we still visit Dreamhouse.

"KOKO!!!! Please come out now. Are you gonna punish me by taking away all the hot water?!?" Lolo interrupted me from my self talks.
"Just a second dude. Relax will you! I am coming." Saying that I finished my shower and allowed her to use the bathroom.

IILM B-School, Lodhi Road, Delhi

"Pshhhh..."
"Pshhhh Koko..." Lavanya whisper shouted.
"Shut up Lolo. Dont bother me right now." I ignored her and concentrated on my test paper.
"Dude please. I did not study properly last night. You know after work I just slept off. Koko...you are my soul sister. I love you a lot. I beg you. Just tilt you paper a little bit. I promise next time I will study properly. Are you not my BFF?" She pouted with a cry baby face.

And that was enough to make me melt. Even though we are extremely opposite in personality from one another, we are each others soul sister. I still remember that unfortunate day. With sadness and disappointed I entered Dream-house as a kid. But Lavanya Kashyap was the first girl who held my hand in hers and declared that we will be there for each other...so no need to miss your parents. 'Why worry them..right?' And that very day I realized that god started showering me with exceptional gifts.

I laughed watching her pouty face.
"Fine. Last time. BFF." I winked at her and tilted my sheet a little for her to pass this mid term paper.

A little later the bell rang. All the students rushed out to leave for the day. While me and Lolo were walking slowly and aimlessly.
"We still have one hour before our shift begins dude." I said with my trademark naughty smile on my face.
"Yup we do. So whats running in your devilish mind Koko?" She asked returning my smile.
"Wanna have a Gol-gappa competition?" My smile was practically touching my ears now.
"What is that saying?...yeah..'neki aur pooch pooch'."
And we started running like idiots making others realise that we are retarded from birth.

Arnav POV
"I am not asking you Khanna. I am threatening you in the most polite manner...I mean as polite as possible for Arnav Singh Raizada. Come and meet me at the place that I tell you to. Orelse..?"
"Orelse what? Listen Mr. Raizada. This is not very professional of you. I can take you to the court for harassing and threatening me in this manner. I have very good illegal and criminal contacts too. So you better be aware of your manners."
Poor fellow had no idea what rubbish he was muttering...and that too to me.. ASR.
"If I am not wrong then your mother is still in Shanti Old Age Home right? And Rohini area is not that far away from my place. As a fact my men have taken the liberty of giving the old lady a long drive. She is mistaken that they are your men. Dont underestimate me Khanna. And dont ever try to threaten me again. Come to the restaurant that I just texted you. And Khanna if I dont see you waiting for me at this place within 30 minutes...then....tsk tsk...be prepared to say goodbye to your mother."

Saying that I cut the call. And took a deep breath.
"How can you be such a good actor? I mean I very well know you wont do a thing to his mother. Woman and kids are a sensitive issue to you. Even after being in this mafia business you never involve them in your problems."
Aman commented.

"But that is how one approaches such people. A threat for a threat. That is what this world has taught me." I replied while glancing at the side view mirror of our car.
"That is true ASR. Umm. We are headed to The All American Diner at IHC right?" Aman asked.
"Yeah." I replied.
Just thank your stars Khanna. I am not in the mood to kill anyone today.

The All American Diner at IHC
Khushi POV
"Please Uncle Tom...I promise next time nothing out of schedule will happen. I need to attend an important seminar this weekend. So just one last time change my eveningshift to dayshift. I promise no changes from next week." I said showing my cute baby face expressions which I mastered for such situations.
"Yes Uncle Tom just this time. You know how much Khushi loves to study right?" Lolo pushed the right buttons at the right moment. Uncle Tom our Diner manager's only one weakness was to make everyone realize the importance of education since he did not get one.
"Ofcourse. Anything for achieving success in your career and education. Khushi one last time. But dont repeat this again. Ok?" He asked with a smile.
"Definitely Uncle Tom." Saying that I winked at Lolo who was trying to hide her smile.

"Now both of you..go back and start your shift." He said in mock anger.
"Yes Sir." We saluted him and dashed out of the kitchen to start our shift.

And we began our job. To please and provide comfort to our customers. Always be friendly to your customers. That was the motto of Uncle Tom. But I had no idea that I...the most bubbly and friendly person of all the people will create my first mess with a customer pretty soon.