Its Not the Truth that hurts!

Arnav POV
After god knows how long I called Aman in my penthouse again for a drink today. And if my calculation is not wrong then since I met Khushi my drinking habits changed altogether.

I kept refilling my drink while Aman kept on looking at me with worried expressions.
I wish I could actually explain things to Khushi. But she was not even ready to talk to me. I still remember the messages we exchanged after the gun incident. Khushi denied my calls. So I took the other root and kept texting her. Till she replied...

You cannot just ignore my calls like that...

You do know that seeing and believing is not necessarily true always...

And finally I snapped when she did not reply for long.

So this is your friendship huh...great going.

And that triggered a response from her.

There is not much that you need to explain...ASR.

Seeing her text I was left bewildered. But it took me only seconds to understand how she got to know about my mafia name. That disaster of a gun was made on a special order. It had my initials engraved in silver... on it.

WHAT THE HELL!!! HOW COULD I BE SO CARELESS?!?!? DAMNNNNNN.

But how can I blame myself...when I know why I did what I did. For the first time in my life I was all laid back and relaxed. I felt so much at home with Khushi. My mind was totally tension free with her. When she served me lunch it felt like the good old days when Maa used to look after my meals. Damn it! I lost her. I lost a loved one again.

And that is the prime reason why I was adamant on keeping my distance from Khushi. Happiness never lasts long for me. I only had her friendship. And now there is nothing left. Nothing. Who would really want to associate with a criminal like me?
I am pathetic. Right.

Next day outside IILM building...

Before leaving her life I just wanted to see her once. So after threatening Aman to get Khushi's class schedule from Lavanya here I stood outside her college. And as per Aman Khushi's class got over 5 minutes ago.

I was leaning on my SUV wearing my formals and aviator glasses. Hmmm. Whats wrong? She should be out of the building by now. Then why is she...

My thoughts ended abruptly when I saw Khushi standing a few feet away from me. But what bothered me the most was the man who stood beside her. I could not really hear their conversation. However, one look at Khushi's expressions and I was convinced he is bothering her.

I took a few steps towards her and heard that creep's words...
"Come on baby just one kiss..whats the big deal?" With that he held Khushi's wrist and twisted it tightly.

My anger reached to another level. His comment and his actions felt like acid on my body.

HOW DARE HE....HOW DARE HE TOUCH MY KHUSHI?!?

With these thoughts I quickly covered the few feet between us and broke his hold on Khushi. Like a mad man I started punching and hitting him. I could hear Khushi's protests but my mind was occupied with his comments....he wants to kiss my girl...MINE.

I managed to break his wrist bones. And still my mind wanted to hear his screams. I pushed him on the ground and started banging his head on the nearby stone. Seconds or minutes I dont know how long I held his head. But one touch of Khushi's and I let him go.

I could hear her shouts clearly now.
"Are you Crazy Arnav?!? You would have killed him!!! What the hell is wrong with you?"
I was about to reply that I did not regret a thing when suddenly I looked at her wrist. Blue black bruises of finger prints had formed on her milky white skin.

DAMN IT!

Muttering curses for that creep I dragged Khushi towards my car and quickly took out the first aid kit.

Khushi POV
I was completed perplexed seeing Arnav thrash that good for nothing moron. He turned completely violent and it took a lot of shouting and screaming on my part to avoid his( the creeps) death.

For the first time in my life I felt a wave of protection all around me. What is this? Why do I like the idea of a man protecting me? Maybe because this was a first. I mean the accident was a mistake on Arnavs part. But this...this is him voluntarily seeking revenge for my insult.

I should be admitted in a mental institution for having such kind of thoughts about a mobster. Frankly speakly I loved it. Am I going crazy?

And now looking at his worried face as he applies ointment on my bruise...is really sorta mesmerizing. Is this guy seriously a dangerous being.

"You did not have to beat him so cruelly." I said pretending to defend the creep when in reality I felt like hugging him.

"Really? Are you even listening to yourself. You are defending him....that bast**d who tried to HARM YOU?!?" Arnav said harshly.

"All I meant was that you did not have to bleed him out. Thats it." I said looking downwards while trying to avoid his eyes.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta...you are such a hypocrite. You talk about being friends? And look at you one truth about me and you ran away like a coward. You are so scared that you cannot even face me." Arnav declared in disgust.

I looked up to meet those chocolate eyes that showed all the pain and hurt he was shouldering in his life. Did my anger hurt him so much?

"Arnav Singh Raizada...I am not a hypocrite. Neither I am a coward. I never had a problem with your truth mind you. That is something personal. What hurts me is the fact that you hid this from me...Am I not trustworthy enough?" I asked in anger.

He looked at me all flabbergasted now? Oh Jesus! He really had no idea about the reason why I got mad at him?

"WHAT?? You were not talking to me because..." he looked at me as if I have lost my mind.
"Exactly. Because you did not trust me. Arnav do you really think I have a problem with you being in the mafia." I sighed now leaning against his SUV.
"But...Why...are you not afraid....I am dangerous..." he stuttered.
"Mr. Raizada...just because you are a mafia-man it does not mean that you are dangerous. A dangerous guy would have left me on the road to die. And look at you...until  yesterday you were worried about my medicines. Arnav whenever you feel like sharing your personal issues with me do tell me the reason why you are involved in such a world."

"Thats it. Thats all you gonna say Khushi?" He asked in a childs voice.
"Arnav..do you have an issue with me being an orphan? Or do you see me differently because of my middle class status?" I asked with my hands folded across my chest.
"No. Never." He said truthfully.
"Then I too have no issue when it comes to your personal life. I am sure circumstances in life must have forced you into this lifestyle. And I totally understand. Mine too were not out of choice. I can sympathize."

I could feel his relief after my explaination. He to leaned beside me. We were staring at my college building. After a while he looked at me.
"So..." he trailed.
"Hmmm..lemme think. Uhhhh...ice cream?" I asked doubtfully.
"WHAT...?" He asked all astonished.
"Jesus. I know you never apologize. So try to make up in kind will ya...treat me with some ice cream." I said arrogantly imitating his signature eye brow lift.

"You are superweird...Khushi!!" He said while rolling his eyes.
"Less than you my friend." I said with a sarcastic smile.
"Shall we.." he gestured towards his car.
And I moved towards to other side to open the car door.

Arnav POV
Strange. This girl is strangely strange. I mean here I thought she wanted nothing to do with me. And look at her. Khushi Kumari Gupta is like that colored puzzle cube. Which can take ages to solve. But I felt happy. Somewhere in my heart I felt satisfied with the fact that Khushi accepted me. Like a huge burden got liften from my shoulders.

Look at this girl eating ice cream like a kid. She is cute and adorable. However what made my day was that fierce look in those caramel eyes. I was missing them terribly. One think is definitely true...Khushi cannot continue to remain my friend. Especially after her confession.