Chapter 2

Days passed...

My feelings for him grew deeper and stronger. I didn't acknowledge them though. I brushed them off as temporary fascination. A crush that's all. Nothing more.

Fate shoved it on my face again though when Yun Fei and I were separated after our trip from the Dream Tribe. When I woke up alone and found out that I was back at the Ice Palace. The place was then ruled by my father.

I felt lost and worried.

Worried about Yun Fei. Questions like: Is he okay? What happened to him? Is he hurt?

___________________________________________

Of course, at the same time that I was asking those questions. He was safe. Reunited again with his brother but I didn't know. So, that time worry filled my heart and every fiber of my being.

__________________________________

I was looking down on my balcony when my lungs felt tight and my throat itched.

I crouched down, coughing. I looked at my palm,the one I used to cover my mouth, there lay a small but beautiful blue flower. I gasped not believing of what I was seeing.

It can't be! I shouted in my mind. Yun Fei's smile then flashed on my mind, making me cough two more of the beautiful flowers.

I laughed, blinking away the tears in my eyes.

There's no denying it. I had fallen for my servant and it's unrequited.

Because now, I have the disease called Hanahaki or as others call it the flower disease.

The disease where a person coughs out flowers due to one-sided love.

I laughed louder, looking down at the flowers in my hand. They're so beautiful. Forget- me-nots if I remember correctly. My mother loved them.

Slowly, I traced the flowers with my fingers.

Forget- me- not, in the language of flowers it means true love

___________________________________

That day, my feelings for him became clear. Honestly, I was scared. It hurt too knowing that he didn't love me back. I cried a lot that day. I locked myself up in my room and didn't come out until I was forced to.

It wasn't only my feelings for Yun Fei that scared me. It was the knowledge that I ... was slowly dying.

Dying? Yes, I am.

The flowers that I coughed up grows in my lungs. If nothing is done, I would eventually die from suffocation and/ or from heart failure.

One cure is through surgery, but that means my feelings for him would disappear along with the flowers. I don't want that. Even if it kills me, I want to love him with all my heart.

It can also be cured without side effects only when my feelings are returned. Tough. We already know the answer to that.

It's unlikely to happen.