Chapter 9

This is the last night of my session with Ka Suo. I finished it quickly because I still have something to do. My father's wedding with the mermaid princess is tomorrow.

That means the attack will be tomorrow too.

What attack? The one planned by Ying Kong Shi and the other tribe leaders.

There's one ability of mine that's a secret. I could go in people's dream and make myself invisible.

One time I was missing Ying Kong Shi. So, I went inside his dream. I was surprised though when I also saw the others in there. Planning to take back the Ice Palace from my father.

I didn't tell father. Why? Because if my father continued ruling these place he'll only become worse.

Leaving Ka Suo's room, I cloaked my aura. My target? The Deicide sword. The one I'm sure that they'll use to defeat my father.

"Well, look who's here." The fairies in the deicide said when I approached it. "What's the only fire princess doing here?"

"I want to make a deal." I answered.

"Interesting." They said, the sword humming in excitement. "Continue."

"Tomorrow, someone will definitely come in here to take you. I want you to let that person take you with nothing in exchange."

"And what makes you think that we will agree to that?" the fairies stated.

"I know that you love devouring souls. Tomorrow a big fight will happen. They'll surely use you." I said.

"Tempting," They replied. "but we need more."

I huffed. I thought so. "I'll give you my soul. Five days after the battle tomorrow."

"Deal." They said. I winched, feeling a mark being carved into my shoulder.

Back in my room...

I lied down on my bed immediately. Exhausted and dizzy. I feel so weak. But somehow I felt contentment filling my being. At least until my last breath. I could help Ying Kong Shi and the others.

Dui bu qi, Father. Shuo Gang.

___________________________

As expected, they did use the deicide. They won against my tribe. Forcing us to go back to our own kingdom. Shuo Gang and father were injured but I know that they'll recover soon enough.

I on the other hand don't have any injuries. How come? Take a guess.

.

.

.

It's because Ying Kong Shi protected me again. I chuckled. He's still as confusing as ever.

Present time...

Five days after the battle.

Time: Afternoon.

I'm on my way to the Ice Palace. Every second that passed, I could feel my heartbeat getting weaker. The time has come to say my final good byes. The morning was spent with my father and brother. They were so confused when I insisted that we breakfast and lunch together. I also forced them to go to the mortal realm with me. Though, they would rather bite their tongue than say it I know that they did enjoy spending time together.

Lost in my thoughts I didn't notice that I was already on the lands of the Ice tribe. Until I was surrounded by their envoy guardians, before they could do anything though.

A white flash came. Taking me away from them.

Opening my eyes, I saw that I was in Ying Kong Shi's room. I smirked. He had saved me again.

"What are you doing here?" he asked coldly. "Are there others?"

Cute. He's worried about his people.

I didn't answer him, I just stood there studying him. Marveling at his beauty. Even if his eyes are so cold, I'm captivated. I walked towards him.

His eyebrows furrowed. Probably, wandering as to what I was planning to do.

I cupped his face. Brushing my thumb against his cheek. I thought he'd pull away or push me away but he didn't. He just stood there looking at me. Confusion in his eyes.

Testing the waters, I moved closer to him. Putting my arms around him and letting my head rest on his shoulder. He still didn't move. Why is he letting me do this?

I'm not going to complain though. This is my last chance to hold him like this. I'll take everything that I could.

"What's wrong?" he suddenly asked, making me look at him in surprise. His voice was gentle. It was even laced with care.

I gulped, looking down. I just shook my head and held him tighter.

I love you. I'll miss you. I really really love you. Are the words I want to tell him. However, not even a word came out from my mouth. I couldn't tell him. So, I just burrowed my face on his chest cherishing this moment with him.

Feeling my body pulsed, I gasped. Quickly, letting him go. My body spasmed then continuously.

"Yan Da!" He said crouching then in front of me. I heaved. Coughing out lots and lots of flowers.

Forget-me-nots, pink camellia, red chrysanthemum, gloxinia, magenta zinnia, azalea and cyclamen.

"Hanahaki Byou?" he uttered in disbelief looking at the flowers that I had coughed up. I could see his form trembling.

"Yan Da," he said, meeting my gaze. "How long?"

I smiled sadly, seeing the fear in his eyes. Tilting his head, I kissed him.

"I'm sorry," I whispered softly. Taking my last breath in his arms.

 Taking my last breath in his arms

Flower Meanings:

Gloxinia – love at first sight

Forget-me-nots – true love

Pink camellia – longing for you

Red chrysanthemum- I love you

Zinnia (Magenta) – lasting affection

Azalea – take care of yourself for me

Cyclamen – Good bye