Chapter 7

Weeks passed, father decided to let the brothers come back to the Ice Palace.

I feel happy and pained at the same time. I will be able to see Yun- no, Ying Kong Shi more often. Yet that would be more painful isn't it?

Him being so close yet so far. I sighed looking at the flowers in my room.

During our separation, I coughed out flowers more often. Lately, blood was mixed on them too. A sign that my time is near.

I took a deep breath, composing myself. I then went to the throne room. A soldier informed me that he had arrived.

My good mood was suddenly destroyed though, when I saw the mermaid princess with him.

My heart clenched in pain. I noticed that he's protective of her.

Does he love her?

I clenched my fist, leaving the room quickly.

In my room, I coughed out more flowers.

These time a yellow Hyacinth and marigolds fell elegantly on the floor, taunting me.

I glared at the flowers, making a decision

I decided to confront him. I went to his room and wait for him there.

Not long he entered the room too.

"What are you doing here?" he immediately asked when he saw me. I schooled my features. Calmly walking towards him.

"My father rules the palace now. Of course I can go and enter anyone's room whenever I want." I said.

"If you have nothing important to say then leave," he coldly stated, pissing me off.

"Tell me what's your relationship with the mermaid princess?"

Meeting my gaze, he answered. "None of your business."

"Fine, I'll go talk to her then."

That got his attention. "Don't go to her." He said firmly, my heart ache. "Just ask me."

I laughed sarcastically, noticing his protective stance.

"Why are you so protective of her? Do you love her?" I asked again. The pain in my voice apparent.

"I told you it's none of your business." He told me again.

I screamed in frustration. Bringing out my whip, I attacked him. He didn't flinch or fought back.

"Why aren't you fighting back!? Answer me!" I said, tears streaming down my cheek.

He just avoided my gaze , turned to his back and then left the room.

_______________________

Other than refusing to fight me or hurt me. He has done a lot of things that  confused me.

He had saved me countless times. He even warned me about things. Sometimes he comes into my room. Only when he thought that I was asleep though. He stands there watching me sleep.

Yet I continued to cough out flowers.

What is going on?

He told me that he hated me.

But what's with the gentle acts?

Why come to my room at night just to watch me sleep?

I don't understand. Why...

are you doing this to me?