6. Vikk

I woke up one day, hoping to wake up in my normal bed but just seeing the red sheets made me sigh. Still in the game... So I stood up and searched in my chest after something to eat, hoping that I had something that wasn't steak, oh was I tired of the steak. I found some carrots and potatoes. I sighed before taking them out and ate them. It worked, I just had to eat loads of them.

That day I spent fishing. I sat down on the bridge with a fishing rod, hoping to find a fish. Mostly because I was bored. I had decided to take the strange voice's advice and rest for awhile. Not too long, but at least a few days. I couldn't go on an adventure while worn out.

That night people joined the game. Pete, Laake, Quiff, Speedy and Side all joined. Speedy and Side both joining me by my house almost at once. 

"How long have you been online?" Side asked me. 

"I don't even know. I think it's been about two months" I replied, I didn't turn to look at them as I spoke. 

"But it's just been a day since you disappeared" Speedy commented. I let out a deep breath, closing my eyes for just a second.

"Thank god. I haven't missed too much" I breathed out, mostly to myself. 

"Vikk, Josh wanted me to tell you that they are really worried" Pete suddenly appeared on the bridge too. I nodded, I didn't really care anymore. I was used to this world. Sure, I missed everyone and all, but I had been alone on this damn server for over two months.

"Tell them I miss them too" I said.

"How long did you say you had been on Vikk?" Florian asked, also appearing on the bridge.

"72 days today, a bit over two months" I explained, then everything fell quiet. I wonder if they spoke in discord with each other, I wouldn't hear them if they did. 

"Are you talking in discord?" I heard myself ask, I wasn't planning on actually doing that.

"Yes, why?" Speedy asked me.

"You all just went really quiet, please talk here instead. I've been alone for such a long time. Speak with me" I begged. 

"It's been a day?" Quiff suddenly said, his voice sounding questioning.

"Like I just said to the guys in the call. A real life day, 24 hours, would be around 72 days for someone playing Minecraft" Florian explained to Quiff.

"I don't even care anymore" I whispered for myself, I had been used to not having anyone to talk with so I often just found myself talking out loud for myself.

"So you mean that he might be stuck in the game?" asked Quiff. 

"THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME!" I shouted in frustration, then I took a breath to calm myself. "I haven't just left my house and everything I own and known to play how to Minecraft at some random place" I told them, dragging a hand through my hair, which was just weird as it was just a blocky hand touching a blocky head. But really, who cares?

"But that's crazy! How would that even work?" Laake asked, confusion in his voice as he too appeared on the bridge, which made me jump back, resulting in me landing in the water. I swam up to the beach, shuddering because of the freezing water. 

"Isn't you a beauty..." I commented sarcastically.

"But if he is in the game, how is he typing in chat?" Pete asked, it was weird hearing them speak as their mouths didn't move. Pete's skin was a bit scary too when you thought of it, but imagine looking at a person with a mouth wide open so it almost touches the ground, not very appealing is it?

"I'm not typing a single word" I told them, still frustrated out of my mind. I had no plans on going on a swim, but now I was drenched in water. I took off my armour, drying it.

"We can see your words in the chat" Quiff told me, like they had blown up my plan to prank them. I wish that had been the case, anything was better than being stuck in a game alone for two months. 

"Yeah? I can hear yours being spoken, with your own goddamn voices. Just like I can hear that fudging voice which is telling me to relax every two days. I don't need to relax! I need to get out of here. I have tried finding clues about what to do, but you know what? Fudge that. I'm just trying to fish. I don't need this shit in my life" I don't know why I lost it. I suppose this whole thing made me lose my mind.

"Wait? Our voices? Good prank bro" Flo said, I sighed before taking up my fishing rod again.

"Would anyone mind some gambling? I've been bored since I finished building that thing two months ago" I told them pointing to my training building.

"Sure, I'm down for some lucky wheel" Pete shrugged I nodded and put my fishing rod by the beach in a chest, then I took on my booths before running my casino, I could use some banter.

Before any of them got to the casino the female voice came back again. 

"Finally, have some fun with your friends, relax for a while" she spoke, I sighed.

"Just let me out from here!" I yelled at thin air. 

"Whoa" Florian then came. "I did not do that broadcast" he then added.

"Your broadcast is a fudging hoe who should let me out" I replied, not giving a shit about anything anymore. 

"Alright then, should we play?" Pete asked, probably to get the attention off of my comment.

"Yeah, place you bets in boys" I replied, walking to the chest, opening it. Then I realized this was much harder when it wasn't the same way as in the game. "Fudge this" I muttered quietly before taking up a note. I stared at it, 500k, that's mad. But I couldn't tell which colour it was bet on. "What colour is the 500k on, and from who?" I asked. 

"On blue, from me" Pete spoke. Okay then, blue from Petezahhutt. I sighed.

"Can we do that one alone first, it'll make this shit so much easier" I told them.

After about four rounds I sighed deeply, this was just depressing. So I stopped the wheel. When the minecart stopped on the gold I could just imagine the boys sounding amazed or whatever, wishing they had put a bet on gold, but I couldn't hear them. No one wrote in chat, it was just silent. If you don't think of the silent sounds from my villager farm.

"That's it for today guys" I spoke, walking away from the casino.

Sure, it was fun to finally have some friends on and all. But if you see it from my point of view. It was like I talked with them, but this was a big slime in a suit, a person with a gigantic mouth, and four people which basically looked like they were built from blocks, which they were. And the talking part was me saying things out loud and they got it like a chat message. They wrote things and I got it like they spoke. And how much I even had missed them, this was just another reminder that I was stuck in a blocky game.

I walked away from the casino while looking down on the ground, dragging my feet after me. I wanted to cry, I was exhausted, I didn't want anything more than to leave this server and never come back on. But no, guess what? I can't.