Chapter 28

Warning: This book contains a lot of profanity, violence, and sexual content. If you are uncomfortable with any themes mentioned, you may exit at any time. Please be advised!

****************

Sitting in the bathtub, Levi thought deeply. As Annie folded his clothes outside the drapes, he let out a sigh. "Zeke, you're incredible. Everyone in the village loves you after just one day," says Annie. "I'm glad I could make them happy." Grinning, he leans against the tub's side. "Not that I'm only doing it for the village, I also wanted to try and repay your kindness somehow."

Across from him, Annie smiles. "That does make me happy but..." She removes her robe and pulls the curtain back, standing naked in front of him. "There's another way for you to pay me back. Can I get in with you? He pauses, then gets up.  

"Why don't I get out?" Two people can't fit in this little tub. Tomorrow, I'm also heading to the village early." He emerges from the water and begins to walk away while holding a towel. "Zeke!"

"Sorry, I am heading to bed early." Annie watches in disappointment as he leaves. 'Why? Are we not lovers?' 

Annie changed into her sleeping clothes after he went to sleep. 'Zeke must already be asleep, I suppose. He doesn't have his memories, thus he must be holding back. If I go to him, it should be okay, right? Surely, if I do that, Zeke will...' Quietly, Annie unlocked the door to his bedroom and took a quick look inside. She caught a glimpse of him dozing off with the pearl securely clutched in his hands. 

"He is holding the pearl while sleeping. It must be important." She whispered, and the bag started to shine. Suddenly, she noticed a woman standing in front of him.

What? How did a person emerge from that pearl?

"That is his lover." Erwin emerged from a black hole in the floor. As he put an arm around Annie's body, she gasped. "Despite having lost her body, she can still see her love in spirit form. Don't you think she's strong?" He smirks, and she feels suffocated.

"Who are you?" 

"I am the one responsible for wiping his memories. But they will return someday, as long as Zeke has that pearl. You'll lose him if that happens." Erwin says, and Annie becomes infuriated. "But if you do as I say, Zeke might end up staying with you for a long time," Annie questions whether this is the right thing for her to do. Even though she doesn't know him, she ought to try if he's willing to help her.

"What should I do?"

You watch him sleep peacefully. You smile deeply as you touch his hand.

"You're...alive...." 

Annie enters with a bang, eager to carry out Erwin's instructions, her look gloomy and menacing. "I will cast a spell that prevents the spirit from leaving the pearl. I want you to take the pearl and toss it as far away as possible."