Chapter 29

Warning: This book contains a lot of profanity, violence, and sexual content. If you are uncomfortable with any themes mentioned, you may exit anytime. Please be advised!

***************

Levi opened his eyes cautiously. He sat up slowly, blinking away the darkness as his head ached.

"Annie?"

"Zeke! I'm happy that you're alright." With a smile on her face, she got up from the chair. "All of a sudden, the curse—oh, I mean.... all of a sudden, you passed out. I was concerned that you would not wake up." She motioned for him to lay back down, but he raised his hand.

"It's okay, I'm fine."

"Um Zeke, do you know who I am and what I mean to you?" Annie says.

"What are you saying? I am a traveler and your lover. You are also carrying my child. Is that not correct?" She sighs in response to what he says.

"Yes, that's right!" Phew! I'm so glad Erwin's curse is working!

"Are you hungry?" "I will make you something!" She walks away, and his face drops. After that, Pixis visits them at home.

"Hey Annie, are you here?" Instead, Levi greets him near the door.

"Ah, Zeke! I'm happy to see you back on your feet."

"Pixis, did something happen?" He states.

"I'm going to bulk sell our fruits! One of our traveling merchants told me that we should also sell it for a high price. We can sell it for considerably more in the Shiganshina district than usual." His eyes brighten and grow larger as he speaks.

"I'm glad," Levi says.

"We're all going to harvest them together."

"Why don't I come too?" Levi asks as Annie approaches from behind him, to which Pixis shakes his head.

"That would be helpful, but I would like not to worry about you falling unwell once more. You will soon become a father, after all! Annie filled me in on everything. This is fantastic—truly fantastic! We'll turn you into our next village foreman if things continue this way!"

Annie blushes. "No way! You're embarrassing us!"

"Well, I won't intrude any longer, see you soon!" Saying so, he exits through the front door.

"You already told everyone huh...?" Levi remarks

"Yes, I thought it would be best to get it out of the way quickly. Plus, I have a question for you. Now that we're having a child, don't you think we ought to-"

Levi cuts her off. "I'll make something for us to eat, why don't you go rest?"

"Zeke, I'm talking to-"

"It's important to stay healthy right now, don't you think?"

"Well yeah, I guess...."

Now that everyone in the village knows about our child, should he think, let us be together? Since it's important, I assume he's considering it a lot. Regardless, I don't need to worry because Zeke is already mine. Tonight, I'll pamper myself and help him relax.