16. Moving on

Soooo, I'm back! Can't guarantee regular updates,  but I'll try updating more regularly or more frequently. Anyway, thanks for waiting and reading, and voting, and commenting, I appreciate ❤️ Enjoy!

This very same evening was like a breath of fresh air. I suppose everyone around me did understand that it was way too much information for me to handle, or maybe Lena being the best friend one can wish for reported to Shirley about my disheveled state of mind and they decided to make me relax, or I just don't know. In truth, I was confused as hell and didn't want to process everything more than I did that morning while Lena patiently waited for me on the porch. The only thing I decided not to ignore was that my baby girl would be coming in two months. That was also what I told Shirley and Jonathan when Lena dropped me at home in the evening. Both older people gushed around the ultrasound picture as if it were their own grandson, proudly sticking it to the fridge and making comments on how that black and white silhouette of an alien was the cutest ever, which made me laugh happily for the first time in a while. That very evening Shirley prepared a celebratory dinner of spicy chicken with mashed potatoes and a lemon merengue cake, Jonathan called doc Evans to join us and we spent an amazing time together just talking about very unimportant things and also did some planning, since the baby's arrival was much sooner than I expected. We decided to hurry things up with my vet exams, since right about now the baby would start growing rapidly and soon I would be almost immobile, also I would have to stop working soon, the same reasoning applied. That's what lead us to Monday...

Monday. The day doc Evans created a miracle in my eyes. I don't know what kind of influence this sneaky old man had in the university, but somehow I found myself bright and early a town away sitting in an huge empty auditorium full of doubts and absolutely not ready to take my final qualification exam in order to get my diploma and become a certified vet. Doc Evans was sitting next to me looking absolutely bored, while one of my hands was rubbing my stomach and another one tapping the pencil impatiently on a wooden table in front of me.

"Would you calm down? It's not like your getting married to a stranger here, it's just a test", said an unimpressed doc.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous. I mean, when would I have another chance to finally do it?", I replied a bit panicky.

"You'll do just fine. I taught you well. Just stop stressing".

And with that a strictly looking woman with salt'n'pepper hair stepped in and walked towards us. She was the same hight as me (which is almost one and a half heads shorter than doc Evans), dressed in a black pant suit with a scarlet red blouse, heals confidently clicking on the floor while approaching us, eyes trained on doc Evans, a playful smile gracing her full lips painted same red as her blouse, expressive light blue eyes full with wisdom.

"Adrian! Long time no see! What made you crawl out of your cave of a clinic and grace our humble facility with your presence? Are you finally admitting that teaching is your calling and joining me in this futile journey of educating young morons?" Her voice deep and low, tone playful, It looked like they were, I don't know, friends? Never imagined doc Evans first of all allowing someone to address him in that manner, and secondly, well, he was so cocky and condescending, that I would never imagine him being friends with someone. But it seemed that this woman is an exception and it spiked my interest to a new level. Hey, don't judge me, I live a boring life. In a town of werewolf's. Being a supernatural being. Carrying a supernatural child. Eh...

"Linda!", oh my, is that a smile I see? Doc Evans smiling, that's a first.

"Sugar, I have a whole town full of morons, why in the world would I want more of those?"