27. A bunch of firsts - the second 'first'

A/N Guys! 3.8k reads!!!! Wow! That s so amazing! Thank you!!!!!

I couldn't believe my luck - here I am, sitting in a car with this gorgeous man, who is my mate! I have no idea how long we have been driving, or where to, but truthfully I didn't care. My thought were only on that peace of man sitting so close to me, that all my left side started tingling. Yep, that's the level of my excitement at that given moment. More than that, there is a hint of pink on my cheeks, my breath is slightly erratic, hopefully he doesn't notice that, and my palms are sweaty. Damn, I feel the same as my entree exams to the university, but that feeling is more pleasant, because the reason for my anxiety is this unbelievably handsome man sitting next to me. Did I say we were sitting really close to each other? Well, as close as my upbringing and the car allowed. But, yeah, I'm close to Nick, yippee! Am I going crazy? I think so. Damn.

While I was deep in my thoughts, that were about a single man only, we have suddenly arrived. And I didn't even notice, that's how distracted I was. What brought me out of my dreamland about having 1 kids with Nick was his subtle cough somewhere on my right. Wait, right? I thought he was on my left... Damn, the car has stopped and he already opened my door, and I didn't even notice. My god, how embarrassing... 

"We're here..." he said with a small smile, while I was blushing my cheeks off. He chuckled quietly and than as fast as a lightning I was on the ground, only the lingering heat of his hands on my hips as an evidence of him lifting me up from my car seat. Damn, how strong he is... I looked at his arms, they looked... strong... Yes, Emily, you could write a book with your way of words... My subconscious me said in a mocking manner. And I giggled. Out loud. Than swiftly pressed a hand to my lips in embarrassment. Do I always have to make a fool of myself?...

"What's so funny?" asked a slightly amused Nick, while placing his hand on the small of my back and slowly guiding me somewhere, I didn't really care where to. 

"Nothing really..." I half whispered, half squeaked. He just chuckled. Again. At me. 

But then I decided that I should stop embarrassing myself further and took a look at where Nick has brought me. I was slightly surprised to find that we were at Hanna's diner. I cast Nick a questioning look, to which he sheepishly rubbed a hand on the back of his neck. 

"I thought it would be a good idea to take you somewhere you'd feel comfortable at... And Hannah makes the best milkshakes..." he said shyly. Was it really shyly? Does he even have a reason to feel shy around me? I mean, look at him, he can have whichever girl he wants, but he got me, and it seems that he does want me, although I don't really get why. Maybe it's because I wasn't raised with this whole mate idea, so it was pretty hard to wrap my mind around it and I did have my doubts. Stop! I silently yelled at myself. He said it himself, he is taking both of us, I've got to believe him, he is a good guy. 

"She does make a mean Vanilla one..." I finally replied to Nick. He looked relieved, and suddenly I noticed, that his hand on the small of my back stopped shaking. How did I miss the shaking in the first place? Like teenagers, really... 

Somehow we managed to get ourself a booth near the window without any more awkward moments, that was until...

"Hannah, the kids are here!" Yep, our arrival was announced to the WHOLE diner by a very helpful Rose, the same one who bought her dog a yellow raincoat. Sure, she was old and had problems with her hearing, but it was not a reason enough to scream so loud. Both Nick and I turned tomato red and started giggling so much, that I was out of breath in a matter of seconds. So much for a date...

"Rose, you old fool, stop making them uncomfortable!" Hanna scolded said old lady with a stern look on her face, which instantly turned gentle as soon as she turned our way.