18. Meet the pack. Again.

And so with Dr. Green's verdict my days in the clinic were over. Not forever though, but until the baby comes and is old enough for me to start working again. I think doc Evans knew that it would be a torture for me to stay at home and do completely nothing, so he decided it was time to digitize every file the clinic had. So here we are, Wednesday noon, I'm perched in the living room's huge armchair surrounded by millions of folders, trying to sort them out alphabetically first (because that's the proper way), and then maybe in a couple of years I would be able to start typing everything up into the computer. Note the sarcasm, cause well, doc Evans is the king of disorganization. Really, I wonder how he was able to find ANYTHING in those files before, or if he even bothered to try... Well, these days are over, Emily the organizer is here to save the day! 

I must admit, when he said that this work would keep me occupied, I didn't really believe him. Me being me, the well behaved good girl, I always had my affairs in a strict order. Safe to say it all changed with me being here, in Pine Hill, a town full of werewolf's, but for the sake of my mental health I was dead set on trying to bring the good old days back. Thus totally forgetting about a thing that was way more important then the bloody files I was currently buried in. A good thing is that I have my trustworthy Lena to save the day. Although I would prefer her to do it more subtly, that she did, which is slamming our front door open and startling me to almost giving birth on the spot.

"What the hell are you still doing lounging in that freaking chair?!" Her high pitched voice reached my ears through a pile of files that flew right out of my grasp and first in the air and then to the floor like the first snow. I pressed my hand to the heart trying to stop it's rapid beating.

"What the actual fu..dge?! Are you trying to kill me here?" I breathlessly exclaimed her way.

"Ah, sorry, forgot about your fragile state...." She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck, a light blush gracing her cheeks. But the moment she realized my water didn't broke and I was pretty much ok, she went straight back to her old exhausting self.

"Anyhoo, why aren't you dressed yet?" now she had her hands on her hips and brows furrowed. Why did I have a feeling like I was in trouble?...

"And why my current attire isn't good enough?" I asked her squinting my eyes suspiciously.

"Well, it's fine if you were to be lounging here till you get old, but girl! Don't tell me you forgot about the BBQ?!" 

At first I was a bit, well, in thought, but just a tiny second later it hit me. A BBQ. The very same BBQ where I was supposed to meet the pack. A pack of wolfs. A pack of wolfs where I currently resign. 

"Oh shit..."

"No shit!"

"Holy shit..."

"Yeah, shit!"

"Lena! Do I have to go?!"

Well, what can I say? I was scared. Shitless. You know the feeling, when you think that if you ignore something, it could just pass without noticing you? Well, I hoped that was the case. Because I was scared. Shitless. 

"Yeah, you have to go! You're the star of the evening! Diva, if I may!"

"Diva my ass. I'm basically a lamb in a pack of wolfs. A chicken in between foxes. A..."

"Enough!" Lena cut me, not allowing to finish my fine metaphors (if it was even it, let's face it, English wasn't my strongest part). 

"Let's move to your closet and find you a nice outfit for today, make your hair, make up, all that girly stuff you choose to ignore! We're in it to impress! So c'mon!"