Chapter Thirty six

Anya's P.O.V.

We were now sitting in Aisha's car.

Aisha looked at me from the rear-view mirror and asked,"i have to drop you at your place? "
Zayd turned his head to look at me and i muttered,"yeah" fidgeting with my fingers.

That ugly feeling kept on coming, I didn't wanted to face my mum or should I call her my aunt? I didn't wanted to know the reason why she hid from me all these years.

Aisha looked at Zayd and asked,"any thing wrong?"
Zayd shook his head facing the road.

After half an hour or so, the car halted.
I shook from my thoughts and saw that we had already reached my house.
Zayd got off from the car and opened my door, I got off and looked at Aisha. She smiled at us and spoke,"fine do whatever you guys want to, I'll try not to look."
I smiled at her and then hugged Zayd.
He hugged me back, whispering,"just try to understand her ok?"
We then both pulled out from hug as I nodded at his statement.
He kissed my forehead and entered the car as I entered my house.

****

"Anya.. Oh!" My mum hugged me upon seeing me.
I hugged her back crying.
She looked at me holding my face with both her hands and asked,"what's wrong beta?"
I sniffed saying,"when were you going to tell me?"
"To tell you what?" She asked.

My voice cracked when I said,"about my mum."
Her hands fell from my face, her face became pale,"how... how did you know?"

I shook my head,"that's not important... important is will you tell me the truth now?"
She shook her head,"yeah..go freshen up and then we will talk."
I looked at her and spoke,"you won't even ask me where I was? Or why am wearing boy's clothes?"

"I already know, plus I trust you enough to know you won't do anything to hurt me," she said.
"How did you know?"
"Zayd told me that you were with him," i nodded at that and then told her,"i will freshen up later.. I first want to know the truth."

She rubbed her eyes and nodded, "okay... Let's sit and talk then."

Zayd's P.O.V.

Aisha looked at me with confusion written all over her face.
"What?" I asked.
She huffed and said,"you took her to the tree house...Tree house... were you fucking  in your senses? The tree house was ours Zayd.. strictly ours."

I ruffled my hair and said,"i had to."
"What do you mean you had to?"

"I told her about Aliza."
"You told her?" She asked.
I nodded.

"How...how did she react?" I saw that Aisha was sweating.
"Why are you sweating Aisha?" I asked.
She shook her head rolling down her window,"the weather is hot, even you are sweating." She said touching my forehead.

Yeah right, the humidity in air has changed drastically.
I hid my face in the palms of my hand and mumbled, "there is bomb going to explode at home yeah?"

She chuckled at my state and said,"yeah, and you deserve it."
I looked at her with my left eye-brow raised," why do you think so?"
"Think? I don't think so.. am sure about it... and you deserve the bomb because of your recent stunts with Anya."
I rolled my eyes at that reasoning.
"Dad is really angry Zayd." She stated.

I nodded,"i know... and I have to make him believe that Anya and I are meant to be."

"Wish you luck bhai." Aisha told.

*******

Anya's P.O.V.

"Let's say I was selfish,"mum speaks, tears gushing down her cheeks.
It felt like she had held her tears for so long, suppressed inside her.
This was her chance to let everything out.

"Selfish? For what?" I asked.
Curiosity raising in me.
"Selfish for money."
"Money? I don't get you mom."

"After your mother's death, your father used to send me money for your needs, he wanted you to go to him but I denied making false reasons about your studies."

"You.. you wanted to keep me with you because he used to send you money? You didn't wanted to keep me because you cared for me.. because you couldn't live without me? Fuck!  And here I loved you more than my life."
Tears at the brim of my eyes.
I could see my whole life shattering, someone I always looked up to.. someone I cared for, lied to me whole my life just for her selfish motive of getting money.

She cried telling,"please forgive me."
"What about after my father's death? You were still getting the money?"
She nodded,"yeah i was getting...but I got insecure when I saw Aliza in this town, I knew she had come for you. I knew she wanted to approach you in personal to tell you the truth...and I... and I didn't wanted that to happen."

"A..Aliza? What did you do?" I asked afraid of knowing what her answer will.

And as I expected she answered exactly what I didn't wanted to know.