Councilmen for slaughter

The Council chamber was located within the Hokage's​ Tower. Reasonably large, there were comfortable mats laid out across the floor for the clan heads and civilian representatives to sit on.

A raised dais at the back of the room featured three chairs, one of which were currently occupied by Mitokado Homura, the man that had served once upon a time as Team Tobirama alongside Sarutobi Hiruzen and Utatane Koharu.

The room was abuzz with chatter, every person at their designated mat. Given that yelling in a covert chamber was inherently prohibited, most alliances in the village (that didn't involve accomplished Helstromists) were based on one's proximity to other Council members during meetings.

Most of the talk in the room carried a grumbling, annoyed tone. Most people didn't like being woken up at the early hours of the morning for a bout of political decision-making. Shocking, really.

The double-doors opened in perfect synchronicity and eerie silence. Tsunade was the first to enter with her clicking heels muted and soft as she strided in her seat without so much as a cease conversation, something that striked the warning bells.

Uzumaki appeared through the threshold next, Anbu flanking a wide berth around the unusually quiet shinobi.

The intent remained constant and unfamiliar as he swiftly took his seat on the sixth Hokage's right hand side and only then was the dread-in-your-body-digging-your-grave feeling disapated.

"The Day's blessings to you all," Naruto said, and time bled and morphed a coalesce of twenty-four years when the council rooms walls cloyed a sharp tang of iron and wilting resolve.

"...the court is now in session..."

He nodded toward the handmaiden as she made haste to deliver them drinks and set his cup down to garner the attention of the officials; he cleared his throat.

"Now that I have your attention I will be brief, two days ago two children in my care were taken away from me in the late hours of the night and suffer from extensive wounds, wounds that would have been fatal if not for the work of our Anbu."

Almond shapes roamed the Chambers, leaving none forgotten in it's wake to search and find.

"We have found the culprit not to long ago and have her sequestered into the gallows of the interrogation ward, however this decision requires swift and immediate action."

He gave time to allow the council to absorb this information, inticipating the denial in which his words bore no fruit; he wasn't disappointed.

A man of 5"10" stood before him with a regal air and haughty stance, not many took him seriously of becoming the next Hokage and thus challenged his authority whenever it suited their fancy.

"If I may say something Naruto-san," disregard of the proper titles was one of them. "We do not know exactly if it was the woman you spoke of, Iwa has been on shaky terms with Konoha for quite a while and has been proven untrustworthy to even our most temper headed ninja. So I must digress, don't fell the girl she must be innocent of a what has transpired and was most likely corrupted by the means of Iwa jitsu."

"If what you're suggesting is true then I believe we might as well send our troops for war," Chōza Akimichi throated, placing the files on the floor, Inuzuka Tsume vocalizing her disagreement from beside him.

As one of the most easily authorative clan heads Akimichi had the most luck in difussing whatever squabble broke betwixt the civillians.

"As a flourishing military base only third in terms of power and deployability to Konoha we have it tough enough as it is, our forces are depleted beyond recognition and even the thought to fight is foolish."

Kizashi Haruno raised his head from the floor, eyes squinting to focus on Tsunade's penchant features then sliding towards Naruto's; he spoke.

"The fact that we believe ourselves to be ready in handling such strain is beyond foolish. Our economy is failing to uphold itself as we speak, the fire Daiymo has sequestered countless shinobi to protect his land and we're stretched thin. Wind, Lightning, Grass, and other such villages are requesting aid that we do not have to spare and therefore cannot send. Konoha's top priority is to focus within before anything else or having a deployable army will be the least of our worries." So saying, his attention wandered once more.

Two other shinobi applied their sense in with vehemence about previous experiences in the war.

Naruto waited, someone else would soon say something. His expectations were soon answered when the stoic right hand man of the Aburame, Fugo, spoke up, voice leveled yet trembling with an emotion that many knew well.

"Uzumaki-san, with all due respect, shouldn't we have both sides of the argument? That isn't to say you're wrong but it's a more how shall we say concrete argument to dissuade even the most stubborn," a look was levelled the civillians side and ended subtly towards the Hyuuga.

"Members of the council."

Uzumaki didn't deign them with an answer, watching, judging, picking apart their souls with a demons hand that took when it wanted and stole for gain not pleasure.

He looked away. "Ibiki if you would?"