L+aspe

Tsuchi paced the length of the office, hot-stuffy-heated, wringing at his hands till they rawly thrummed.

It's been six hours since then and he was worried, Keyori had been left with Iruka so he was free to go do as he pleased-within patrolled limits- and he pulled a chair for himself.

Tsuchi's neck swiveled outside towards the steadily brightening sky and flew from his seat when the door thrusted a dent into the wall.

His eyes craned over his back to see Tsunade's figure flopping with despondence onto a nearby couch, hand dragging a limp trail as she groaned into the cushions.

"I hate-hate-hate the council, bunch of bastards...." She grumbled, looking east-wise to Naruto who slid under her feet with a tired sigh. "Detest, loathe, despise, and every other word in the kamiforsaken dictionary."

"I now know what Jiji meant. I've never met such an annoying group of people! And ain't that something coming from me." It was so softly spoken that Tsuchi scarcely heard him.

"A glass raised to that," and in walked Tsume with a hip jutted to catch the door in a heretofore knock, arming a crystalline tumbler filled with scotch."Don't worry pup, they act like that to everyone."

Aburame, Akimichi, Nara, Hatake, and Haruno filed in more sedatedly with a bow at the waist to the Hokage; who had perked at the prospect of drinking away her frustration.

"It's nice to see you all again," Naruto quipped, pulling Tsuchi into his side, decidedly somber as he leaned his head onto his beloved's shoulder. "Didn't know this was where the after party started."

Haruno soldiered a grin, accepting a handful of crisps from the scion of Akimichi. "It's the new it thing, haven't you heard? Getting wasted at five in the morning is what's all the hype's about."

A choked off guffaw was heard and heads turned to Tsume who was cleaning spilt scotch from her top.

"Did you just- oh my kami!" And there was Tsunade who pealed off with snorted giggles, falling from her seat to roll along the floor, her drink forgotten on the tabletop.

And let it be true that laughter scattered to amongst the scant few members.

It was.... interesting to say the least.

The scions and head of houses made it not as uncomfortable to be in the same room.

Naruto actually enjoyed himself.....that is until a messenger tumbled through the window.

"Our allies are under siege!"