Chapter Three; Angels of Annihilation

Chapter Two

Angels of Annihilation

ONSLAUGHTS of missiles blasted through the cannons drilled into the wings of the Raptorex, as a rapid fire of relentless jet streams of pure destruction rained down on the frozen terrain. Avalanches of melting cascades of white rained down the frigid slopes of the Borealian Peaks, in a flurry of a mad rampage, as the devastation completely exhibited itself in every possible way. The sound of legions of gunshots, the stench of blood and entrails spread out in a scarlet bloodbath of the metal giants.

Bodies lay strewn out, as intestines lay tangled in a bloody web of despair; if anyone could consider the dilapidated, marred, completely unrecognizable, bullet-ridden, ripped-apart-by-razors of skeletons camouflaging ominously in the incandescently white battlefield.

Laser beams exploded as they penetrated midair with the enemy tanks, as unearthly metals flew into the air and were quickly overwhelmed by the diamond dust icebergs on land.

Waves of electricity shot through the air, as more blasts of Ultramarine signified that the ongoing warfare of a land ravaged of years of bloodshed. Snow collectively ran down the hills in a raging flurry, as more enemy units emerged from it, firing crazily, tactlessly at the skies. Remnants of anti-fortification weapons flew like metal scraps into the iron-encrusted sky in a way that only presented itself in the downfall of an empire.

Another Raptorex, brandishing a white arcane seal overlay, dove in suddenly, as the sound of slowly cranking gears could be heard, even from the venomous, intoxicating. The jolt of horror and shock came with the loading the sounds; more beams of fire shot at the corpses of great creatures into heartless killing machines. Of course, it wasn't more heartless than its pilot.

Gracefully dodging the glaring shots to its wings in an aerial firing zone, the Raptorex maneuvered its way through the wild, now-crimson yonder, and into the distance, at an unprecedented vantage point, it stopped in its deliquescing flight path.

The mouth of the Raptorex began to open an effervescing, efflorescing, sphere of unbelievable, eye-burning, blue light began gathering out of the mouth.

The units stared in shock through the lenses in their steel tanks and devices, mesmerized at the power of such a thing. It was burning, and from such a distance, intense and petrifying, like the sun had suddenly brought in front of their faces to burn them to ashes and dust. The ball of energy began gathering up and storing more and more momentum, the battlefield was frozen in time and awe. Horror filled the eyes of the personnel-as they suddenly began melting.

Skin became wax, as they eyeballs suddenly began to foam, as they started to boil, and then it went over to a simmer, as the light was the last thing they saw, before rays of penetrating light-projectiles designed to be a continuous spear of blinding ammunition came right off of the nails of the claws of the other Raptorex, as it suddenly became a catalyst of the smoldering, evanescing, process.

As if that wasn't enough-which is wasn't-the sphere of light from the other opposite Raptorex finally was at maximum diameter and luminous intensity. The pilot smirked for a second from within the cockpit and pulled the activation lever.

In a wild, gigantic typhoon, the sphere of light dispersed and became a huge hurricane, swept along by the chilling, eternally winter gales of the Peaks, the sphere obliterated any form of oxygen in the area, as it utterly wiped away any remains, into thin, atomic, air, that nothing could identify unless under a NanoScope, but no chemical properties could even be defined then.

The blast completely wiped away any form of life, from the towering, snow-covered cypruses, the steel, iron, and other metals everywhere, to any form of microorganism. The light ravaged everything in its path, in a sensationally macabre blade fury cast over the next few miles. There was nothing. No life, anything, just desolate, barren, ground, and a gigantic, six-story, crater.