Chapter Five; Assassination, not Delegation

Chapter Five

Assassination, Not Delegation

"ALRIGHT, son, you and your friends are going to be Medical Ward to get patched up, Com has already alerted the entire galaxy of your homecoming," the King smiled and patted Kiers again on the back.

Scowling, the drug-dealing teen brushed it off faster than he could dish out cocaine. "Hands off!" grumbled Kiers, "I'll stick needles into your thorax all night long . . . ." Damn, thought Kiers, he didn't bring his voodoo dolls! He scowled as he decided that the King was not only a dumb bastard, but also a highly inconsiderate father-damn, why did he volunteer to be the anchor?

The King was seated on a huge, digitally comforting throne that was probably giving him a perfect massage right now, while his children were standing, busy accommodating him, when everyone else got to lounge around. Aya kept shifting her weight from one leg to the other, while Jeremiah secretly had his back against the wall to not look lazy, even though he actually was just dying to activate his automatic broadsword and decapitate his father.

Kiers suddenly knew what he had to do: swallow his pride to get away from his "father", damn, his biological one was way better! At least that one was in jail where he wouldn't be too annoying!

The King was not an idiot, Kiers gradually realized: he wanted his son to bow to him and request polite permission to socially interact with his acquaintances. That would be a sign of obedient submissiveness. And that was the reason Aya and Jeremiah didn't say a word in protest.

Yeah, sure, in your dreams, I hope Countess Bathory mutilates you, Kiers thought with surefire sedition, as he narrowed his eyes and pointed his chin in the air, and clenched his fist tightly, feeling his wounds suddenly burn even more underneath his blood drenched clothes. He chewed his lip, just longing for them to reach the Medical Ward.

In their unspoken Omerta, Kiers decided to study his friends; Onyx was blankly figuring out his new toy, Suigeneris completely gorged down various odd fruit species Kiers wasn't even sure was edible, Winston was busy oozing with jealousy at Cáel, who, speaking of which, was randomly talking about random things with Lilith, who still didn't kill him yet, interestingly.

Kiers wanted nothing more than to join them, and watch cannibal movies, while sipping Michelob Ultra and nibbling on cheese . . . then he supposed it wasn't good to be thinking about things that made him happy.

Resisting the urge to scowl, Kiers glanced out the clear glass panels, observing the breathtaking vistas of Atlantis-they flew over a huge, cascading, gigantic waterfall over some extremely steep cliffs. Kiers suddenly felt himself moving even closer to the windo, as he saw it spill straight downwards like tilted river torrents on steroids! Every ripping in the water mass was beautiful-graphics were made to utter realistic, unearthly, perfection.

Contrasted against the clear, green jungle, it looked amazing, as it seemed virtually endless, streaming into the sea on the other side of the huge mountain. Aya's eyes quickly flickered to her "brother" for a second, and sighed.

"Don't stare at it too long-you'll lose all possible morale and happiness will be drained from you instantly-we have to wear special protection goggles to go hunting-they don't call it the Despairing Falls for nothing."

Kiers was despondent. He kept staring listlessly, entranced.

Aya grabbed him by the shoulder suddenly, and jerked him back with a scowl as she hurled him on to the couch with his friends.

Kiers stumbled, startled, as he suddenly started shaking his head back and forth, until the King raised his eyebrows at his son. "A-a-are you okay?!" he demanded panicked; as he began getting out his throne.