Chapter Four; Denser Than Blood

Chapter Four

Denser Than Blood

THE CROWD was programmed wild.

Uproars of clapping and screaming ensued the minute Kiers stepped in there; as a thousand lights flashed at him and his friends. They stared in awe and basked in the glory of the moment.

Was this what the limelight felt like?

Kiers couldn't get enough of it; he generally detested loud noises, but this crowd screaming for him was simply intoxicating-this was fame. The roar of the fans, the fierce intensity surrounding him-this was . . . what it would be like if he beat this game. He was really just some kid from Lonesville, the anti-democratic alternate plane of America; Kiers didn't know what it felt like to be recognized.

This was why he loved it so much.

A tide of inexplicable emotions flooded his mind, as he was dizzily spinning circles; Kiers didn't know why, but his hand automatically moved from his side to wave. He never waved. The corners of his lips suddenly tilted listlessly upward, as the breathed in this delirium.

His eyes flickered around, snapping photos of every passing second of this otherworld he would always remember for the rest of his life. The raw reality of fame was too amazing to bear-Kier was more fired up than ever now, he certainly had made the right choice.

Feeling a hand on his shoulder, Kiers glanced up to see an equally astounded Cáel, not even really looking at him.

"Dude, this is, like-"

"Awesome?" Kiers put in for him, with a faint smirk. Rare, Kiers didn't show much facial expression.

"Quiet," whispered Aya, as she suddenly walked off the arena, and towards a special spectator's box emblazoned by gold, which sat a stately man and woman. The King and Queen. Kiers easily guessed it.

Onyx, Suigeneris, and Winston quickly came up behind the two, and then positioned themselves unconsciously in a line.

"ALLLLLLRIGHTY! MY DEAR ATLANTIZENS, PREPARE TO BE AMAAAAAZED!"

A voice suddenly yelled from the sky, as the troupe instantaneously looked up-to see a man hanging from a ladder on a gigantic blimp! The crowd went wild.

"ONNNNNCE AGAAAAIIIIN! THIS IS YOUR AMAAAZING COMMENTATOR; THE GREEAAAT NOOOOOOX!"

"You suck!" Suigeneris suddenly burst out angrily up to the sky, cupping his hands around his mouth to better project.

Ditto, the other boys thought at once; Nox was wearing a hot pink suit and boots and ridiculous matching three-foot, motorized, spinning wig from what they could see.

"WHAAAAAT WAS THAT YOU FREEAAAAAKS?!" Nox demanded, yelling into his bullhorn. Now, Winston was utterly appalled and enraged, while Suigeneris was unleashing a verbal tirade on the commentator.

"We have reason to question you orientation," Cáel muttered under his breath. Unfortunately, the Coliseum sound mixer caught on to a voice discrepancy, and amplified the volume, so it was broadcasted through the entire Coliseum.

The Coliseum exploded in mirth and laughter, while Nox was drowning in humiliation.

"BRRRRRIIIIING OUUUUUUT THE CAAAAGE!" Nox hollered angrily.

The crowd went wild with bloodthirsty screams and their laughs turned to excited, anticipating, cheers.

That was not a good thing.

Before any of the boys could protest or make another sound, the ground suddenly shook as if there was going to be an earthquake.

"Ack!" a few of them exclaimed, wincing in the shock.