Love at First Sight

Nerdy Boy meets Junky Girl.

Nerdy Boy falls in love with Junky Girl at once.

Junky Bro draws conclusions. 

END CHAPTER

"I tell ya..." Radar gushed happily as he exited the gates of Order Hall with his new boss and his friends. "I am just the luckiest!" And indeed, he was. Radar had just been given the best job a normal resident of the town could get: Jesse's personal assistant. He couldn't believe he was actually going to work for not just the mayor of their home, but one of the greatest heroes of all time!

"Yeah?" Jesse replied, casting an amused grin at his new assistant's enthusiasm. Radar reminded him so much of his beloved little sister, Nikki. So full of energy, and ready to take on anything. 

"Yeah!" Radar replied. "I can't believe I'm actually walking out of the Order Hall--with the Order! Haha!" He practically skipped over to the gates of the hall, pushing them open. "And, living in the coolest town in the whole world..." Radar was greeted with happy citizens, building whatever they wanted; playful children, chasing each other in the streets; and colorful lights, that blazed from the center of the town square. "Beacon Town!"

"Yup, you ARE pretty lucky," Jesse agreed. "C'mon, there's a few people you should meet before we get started." He led Radar down the steps of Order Hall and into the busy streets, saying goodbye to Lukas, Jenny, Olivia, and Axel, and leading Radar down to a marketplace nearby. They walked past a few stalls, until they finally reached a couple of people, one who wore a blue-and-white striped shirt and had a brown strap across her back, and one who had a yellow-colored cat hoodie.

"Radar, this is Stacy Plays and Stampy Cat," Jesse introduced his old friends from the White Pumpkin mansion.

"Oh, hello, Jesse!" Stampy greeted. "Fancy seeing you here!"

"Yeah, it's a real honor to be blessed with the presence of the new mayor," Stacy said playfully, bowing mockingly to Jesse. All three started laughing. However, Radar didn't find it as funny.

"Hey! That's the hero of Minecraftia you're talking to!" he protested loyally. "Show some respect!"

"Easy, kid, that's just how we Beacon Towners do," Jesse coaxed. "We're always laid-back, and don't worry so much about the little things in life. Nikki taught us that much." Radar's interest was caught.

"Nikki?" he asked as he and Jesse moved on. "Who's Nikki?" Jesse looked up to where they were headed, and instantly brightened.

"She is," he said, pointing to a nearby rooftop. Radar followed his boss's finger, and saw a young girl about his age with the same emerald eyes and chestnut brown hair as Jesse's tied back in a shorter, messy ponytail, wearing a navy blue t-shirt with a gray hoodie tied around her waist, and bleach-faded jeans. She was perched atop a bridge connecting two jungle trees. She looked down and saw her brother waving to her, and smiled big. She jumped down expertly to meet them. 

"Hey-hey! Nice to see you, Blockhead," Nikki teased, giving Jesse a bear hug.
"Same to you, Half-Pint," Jesse said happily, ruffling her hair and returning the hug. "How you been?"

"Does being constantly mobbed by paparazzi and questioned on my big brother's every living, breathing movements count as 'doing great?'" she asked good-naturedly. 

"Sounds like the type of drama you'd have to go through," Jesse chuckled. "Oh! Nearly forgot! Radar, this is Nikki, my little sister."

Finally mentioned to her for the first time, Nikki's gaze went from Jesse to Radar. He suddenly felt awkward standing in front of such a beautiful girl with black puffy hair and glasses in a yellow polo, green jacket, and a blue tie. He didn't know what it was, but something about Nikki instantly captivated him.

"C'mon, SAY something!" he urged himself. Straightening up, he looked Nikki straight in the eye and spoke. "Blurf."

She raised an eyebrow in a confused manner at him, and he cringed inwardly for looking AND sounding so stupid. "Uh, Imma go get you something to eat, Jesse," he said quickly, putting himself to work. "See you later!" And in a flash, Radar was off, red as redstone and scampering awkwardly in between the crowd.

For a moment, the siblings stared after him. Then, Jesse leaned over to Nikki and whispered: "He likes you."

"What's that Jesse? You like poo? Gross!" Nikki laughed, shoving her brother playfully and turning around to walk off the other way, Jesse following her.  

If some of the dialogue seems off, it's because this was written BEFORE the release of "Hero In Residence." I made some guesses, put that into what I knew, and let it ride out! (That made zero sense XD) Hope to see you all in the next chapter! (Or at least see some comments).