Movie Night

This one is based off of an Undertale Comic of the same name, and takes place after Jesse and Petra leave to go off on their adventures alone! ^^ Believe me, the movie isn't the only event that's going to be seen! (I suggest listening to the soundtrack above for maximum ship feels!)

Radar glanced at the time on his phone. It was 9:00 in the evening. He was reclining on his couch at home in Beacon Town. It was nice to kick back and relax after such a long time rebuilding after fighting the Admin, aka Romeo, before. Upon finally taking him down, Jesse and Petra left to go on their own adventures, together, as they used to, leaving Radar and Jesse's younger sister, Nikki, to take care of the town in his absence. It was great to work and live with her, even more than she knew of, but, despite having previous experiences in watching and leading Beacon Town, the job was still extremely energy-consuming, and the two hardly had any quality time together. 

At long last, after 4 grueling months, the had been able to clear some time to share alone together. However, Nikki had a world meeting to go to first, so they would only have the night to spend.

Radar heaved a tired sigh and took off his blue tie, which had been loosely tied around his neck. He had abandoned his green work jacket and left it hanging on his dining chair in the dining room. His gold-buckled Sperrys were over by the door, polished and straight, ready for tomorrow. He only wore his white-and-gold short-sleeved polo, his jeans, and cute white socks with ghast faces on them.

"She's late," he said to himself. Nikki was supposed to show up at his house about an hour ago. He knew she had the meeting to attend to first, but it should have been over by now. What was keeping her? He really wanted to have some time to themselves. It would be nice to hang out without having Jesse breathing down their backs. He liked his boss and all, but he was SERIOUSLY overprotective.

Just then, as if by cue, his doorbell rang. Radar went to answer it, and, soaking wet from the rain that had recently started, there stood Nikki. 

"There you are!" he said with relief, letting her inside. 

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" she gasped, out of breath. "The meeting was extended, and the storm broke just as I was leaving." 

"No worries," Radar assured her as she hung up her black rainjacket. "You must've worked hard."

"Thanks. Knew you'd get it," she replied with a wink, tossing her work bag on the sofa. 

"I still don't get how sitting still and listening can make you tired, though," Radar had to admit as he picked up a jar of popcorn kernels to place in the microwave.

"Hey, don't you remember what school did to us as kids? It's basically the same, but more formal and uptight," Nikki defended her point as she headed upstairs. "Not to mention, I had to run to get here on time."

"Ha-ha! Alright, alright, fair point," Radar laughed, carefully taking the hot pot off the furnace and pouring the popcorn into a bowl.

"Anyways, if you need me, I'll be in my room, 'kay?" Nikki said.

"...Aren't you forgetting something?" Radar asked, hoping she hadn't indeed forgotten.

Nikki stared at him in a confused manner for a few seconds, then suddenly recalled what he was talking about. "Oh! Right! Movie night!" She scratched the back of her head shyly. "Totally forgot. Sorry. Just let me go get changed and I'll be right down."

"Mm-hm,"

***

A few hours later, the two friends were seated on the couch, watching a movie from their favorite movie series. 

"It just makes no sense," Radar commented through a mouthful of popcorn. "How can a werewolf even come close to beating an Ultima? Even emotionally wounded?" He turned to receive Nikki's reply, only to see that she was nodding off. 

"Hey, don't get sleepy now," he said, nudging her awake. "This is the best part."

"Huh? Oh! Right. Sorry," she said, turning her eyes back to the screen, obviously still just as exhausted. Radar's eyes never left her, though. She had been working all day, and really deserved a break. But he had also wanted to spend some time with her. Finally, he cracked a smile.

"Okay, fiiiiiiiiiine," he said, bringing an arm around Nikki and pulling her over onto his chest in a lying position. "There, better?" 

Nikki giggled and laid her head back down on his chest. "Mm-hm!"

After a few moments of silence, Radar finally spoke up. "Hey. I'm sorry. For being so self-centered." Nikki looked up at him, confused.

"Excuse me? 'Self-centered' and 'Radar' don't even belong in the same sentence,"

"Thanks, but...I knew you were tired and still forced you to do this. Shoulda let you go to sleep early,"

"Why? Having second thoughts?"

"N-No! I...I..."

For a bit, Radar was at a loss for words. He didn't want to look even more self-centered, or even suggestive with what he wanted to say, but at the same time, he was dying to get it out. 

"I was...looking forward to this moment. I mean, it's been a while since we've gotten to hang out like this, right?"

"True. But what about everyone else? Like Stampy and Stacy and Nell and--"

"Well, it's not like I don't enjoy everyone else's company, but...how do I put this...when it's just us two, I feel like...I can be myself, no matter how nerdy or goofy or dorky. I'd really like these moments to last long, if not forever. But we've both been very busy with taking care of Beacon Town. And all of our other friends, too. Lukas, Axel, Olivia, Jenny (F! Jesse). Can't remember the last time Jesse and Petra sent us a letter, either..."

That's when an idea popped into Radar's head. "Hey! There's an idea! We should send a letter to your brother, Nikki!"

There was no reply.

"Nikki?"

Radar took a second look to where the brunette was lying down. She had fallen asleep and nuzzled up close to him. He noticed in particular that she was smiling from ear to ear. Radar couldn't help it: seeing that smile had to make him follow suit. He brushed a strand of hair away from her face lovingly.

"I'll be waiting..." he whispered to her. "For as long as it takes. Just for a moment like this."

I'M SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I CAN'T HELP IT! THEY'RE JUST SO...SO...ADORKABLE! (Also, who got the Aphmau Emerald Secret refs?) Anyways, I hoped you guys liked this one as much as I liked writing it! (aka a LOT) Bye-bye for now!