What REALLY Warms My Heart

This one is a moment that will indeed be seen in MC:SM Rewritten S2, Book 2, and yes, it's one of my favorite moments. ^^ Hopefully, it'll become yours too! (art is by KirbyYoukai1514 on dA, go check her page out!)

"Stay close," Jesse whispered to his friends, who all obeyed quickly, the sound of clattering strays reaching their ears quite well. They had been set on a journey after the Admin, who had reformed as a snowman and invited them to his Icy Palace of Despair. They wouldn't be playing such a game knowing what the Admin was like, but with a powerful clock that could control day and night set on eternal darkness in his hands, the gang had little choice.

Nikki walked beside her brother and friends, equally chilled out. Oh, and she was also a bit worried too. But she was mainly freezing. She knew she still had her woolen gray hoodie tied around her waist, but she was wearing her Star Shield armor, which, in fact, did little to protect her from the cold. The fact that she was wearing a short-sleeve blue t-shirt under her armor didn't help the situation where she couldn't reach her hoodie underneath. 

"I don't mean to sound suspicious, but do we really think the Admin is going to keep his word about this clock?" questioned Jack, one of Nikki's newfound allies. 

"If he knows what's good for him, he better keep his deal," Jesse replied coldly. "We get the clock, the town's freed from eternal darkness."

"And hopefully eternal cold, too," Nikki added, shivering visibly. "I thought this weather could at least wait until Christmas."

"Aw, are you a widdle cold, child?" Vos, another, more weathered member of the team teased. Bad idea. Nikki rewarded Vos for his mockery with an icy stare. 

Radar watched the whole thing, and frowned a bit. He seemed especially bothered at seeing Nikki so discomforted. For you see, Radar had a crush on her--at least, it seemed like he did. He came across a girl or two he took a liking for. However, it would always end bad for him, as he didn't even come close to their backdoor butthole standards. It had happened so often that Radar could recognize when he had a crush on someone.

But Nikki...Nikki was different. Not only did she shut him down upon seeing his outer appearance, but she got to know him, which of even that he was ashamed of, and she didn't appear to mind it. Nikki made Radar feel...important. 

Now, Radar himself was feeling a little cold. It wasn't too bad, since he still had his thick work jacket on. But still...he hated to see his friend trembling in the freezing air this way. There was something he could do...but it was risky. Radar had seen movies and read books about this. A boy giving a coat to a lady was often considered as a flirt. And he had learned by now that Nikki was NOT the flirty type. What if her already-teetering view of him was worsened by this?

Radar shook his head of the thought. That shouldn't matter. If he had the means to help, then he would, no matter what could happen next. He put his own self-thought aside for a moment and only focused on her.

"Here, Nikki, take this," he said, rushing up next to her and draping his jacket over her shoulders. Nikki looked down at the jacket, confused at first, then back up at him.

"Whoa, hold on a sec? What about you? That polo isn't exactly winter-friendly," she protested.

"It's just a bit of wind and snow," he assured her. "A measly intern like me can stand it for a little while. But you could really use the warmth more than me."

"Well...thanks, Radar. I feel a lot hotter--better! I feel...better," Nikki's voice was calm, but she kept her gaze on him, her emerald green eyes shining with gratitude. Though he was only wearing his short-sleeved white-and-gold polo, Radar felt as warm as he did when he had his coat. Maybe even warmer than that.

"Hey, you two!" Lukas's voice rang out, breaking their moment. "Come join us up here. Jesse and Petra need to talk alone."

Sharing one more friendly glance at one another, Radar and Nikki quickened their pace to catch up with the rest, leaving Jesse and Petra slightly behind.

"That was really sweet of him," commented Petra, who had been watching the entire scene from behind. "You think they'll hit it off?"

Jesse stared ahead, watching as Nikki and Radar continued to chat as they walked, both looking very happy.

[A] He better not try anything.

[B] I'm not really sure.

->[C] If she's happy, so am I.

[D] ...

"Radar's a good guy," Jesse said. "If he's got something in him that can make my baby sis smile, then that's what I want to see."

"Glad to hear it. That means we can get her back for all that shipping nonsense she's put us through for 5 years." Petra said jokingly, making Jesse laugh. "But, actually, that's what I wanted to talk with you about..."

So, yeah, that was my one of my favorite fanon Radki moments that I made. I REALLY hope people are starting to ship this more diligently. It's a long-shot in the dark and MIGHT feel forced to some, but I owe it to Nikki, MC:SM Rewritten, and all of their fans to try.