Stuck in a Locker

A scene from a scrapped series, "Minecraft Highschool Mode," which stopped continuation due to there being too many MC:SM highschools to begin with, and with chapter ideas running slow. This is where Radar, who is a highschool student at Beacon High, is nervously trying to confess his true feelings for his best and only friend, Nikki. However, when the Beacon High bullies roll around, it seems like those chances get shattered. Or do they?

There she was.

The fiercest, bravest, and prettiest girl in Beacon High.

His first, best, and only friend.

Nikki.

Radar nervously walked down the stone brick hallway towards her. Normally, he wouldn't be so anxious to approach her. But today, he was planning to do something different. Something different...and risky. Today was the day Radar was going to come out and tell her how he felt about her. It was a big jump, but he couldn't bear to be stuck in the friendzone anymore. He knew how much he loved her, and he wanted her to know as well.

Radar had only held back for so long because of his fear of rejection. Nikki was the only person who stuck around long enough for her to get to know him--the real him--and become the person who understood how his mind worked. He didn't want to lose that, and especially not to something so...extreme. But what would it matter if the one he loved only thought of him as a friend? 

Adjusting his glasses and taking a deep breath, he sauntered as casually as possible over to her. "Hi, Nikki!" he said. Nikki turned around and smiled, shutting her locker.

"Hey, Radar! What's up?" she asked, giving him a fist-bump. 

"The ceiling?"

"My Notch, Radar, that joke is so old! Any other girl would have given you a face equivalent to the face everyone gives the lunch lady's 'Beefsteak Surprise.'"

"And what face is that, exactly?"

Nikki, in a joking manner, pulled off the funniest face of disgust ever. Radar tried to hold in his laugh, but when Nikki let a small smile escape through her face, which made the expression funnier, both burst out laughing. It was times like this where Radar didn't feel so shy and introverted. He was free to be as ridiculous as he wanted without being judged. That was one of the reasons he loved being around Nikki.

That's when he remembered what he had wanted to do. What he had wanted to say to her. He still felt nervous, but he knew it was worth a try.

"Now or never," Radar told himself. "Hey, Nikki, I wanted to talk to you about--"

Just then, they heard laughing and snickering coming their way. The two friends flicked their heads in its direction, only to find it belonged to a group of four, which were led by a boy in a black leather jacket, and a girl with blonde hair. It was the Blaze Rods, the meanest bullies in Beacon High.

Unfortunately, both Radar and Nikki had their fair share of history between the gang. Radar had constantly been picked on and robbed by these nasty people, especially Stella, a girl who had transferred from Champion High. And Nikki had faced flirty proposals to be his girlfriend from Aiden, even though he already had TWO girlfriends, Stella and Maya, without either of them knowing he was cheating with the other. He had made pervertous promises, and Nikki was deeply disgusted by him. 

"Just great," Nikki whispered to Radar under her breath as the Blaze Rods came closer. "Now what do these jerks want?"

"How do you know they're targeting us?" Radar asked, trying to convince both her and himself that the Blaze Rods would sidle right past. He had hardly finished his sentence when the gang stopped and crowded around the two friends, with ugly grins on their faces.