The Alternate Aftermath

Now, forgetting the fact that Radar DIED in the last chapter, this is my PROPER fanon headcanon assumption of what happens to Beacon Town after Jesse (determinantly) leaves to go adventuring with Petra. Jesse leaves his little sister and Radar in charge of the town. In the meantime, their relationship grows while Jesse is away...

Jesse stared after Petra, watching as she walked away from Beacon Town. He knew his duty as Beacon Town's leader was to stay, but...his heart was tugging after her. It was almost painful. Nikki watched her brother, brow crinkling thoughtfully. Finally, she walked up next to him, arms crossed, also watching Petra.

"You really are gonna miss her, aren't you" she commented.

"Yeah..." Jesse sighed. "You were right, sis. I DO love her. I just wish there was some other way..."

"Y'know..." Lukas mentioned, pulling up to the siblings alongside Radar. "She IS your sister. And Radar is pretty experienced with running this place. I think they'd make a good team."

Radar and Nikki both stared at Lukas, then each other. Jesse did, too, realizing what Lukas was hinting at. And the idea was perfect! For a moment, he grinned, upon finding his compromise. However, looking back down at Nikki, his precious little sister, his smile faded. He knew how much they meant to each other. Without him around...

"But...Nikki..." he began, but Nikki walked up to him and stopped him.

"It's okay," she coaxed. "I know this is a hard choice. But you said it yourself: you love each other. You two belong together." Nikki gestured to herself and Jesse. "As for us? We've been side-by-side for the longest time. We always will be, no matter where you are. After all 'siblings together, family forever,' right?"

Jesse knew she was referring to their family credo. And she was right. Their kinship connected them, to Minecraftia's end. Tears forming in his eyes, but heart swelling with pride, love, and gratitude for his sister, he drew her in for the last hug in a long time.

"I'm going to miss you, Squirt," he sniffled.

"You too, Blockhead," she said back, tears teetering on her own eyelids. She drew back, keeping him at arm's length. "Now go chase the girl of your dreams."

Jesse nodded once and backed away, but before he left, he gestured Radar over. "Walk with me for a sec, buddy. I wanna talk with you."

Confused, but in no place to disagree, Radar padded up to Jesse and together, the boys made their way to the gate and Lukas and Nikki waved goodbye.

"So, what's up, boss?" Radar asked. The gaze Jesse gave him was very...distant.

"Radar...I have one job for you. The most important you'll ever get," Jesse told him.

"Lay it on me!" Radar said brightly. 

"I want you to take care of my sister,"

"Wait..w-what?"

"She's a good kid. She deserves someone caring, someone who will listen to her problems, and someone who will love her to no end in my place. That has to be you,"

Radar felt his face go red. Sure, he and Nikki would run Beacon Town together, but he never expected Jesse even MENTIONING taking their relationship a step higher, much less giving them his blessing. Then again...it was what he wanted the moment he met Nikki. Why give it up?

"Jesse...I promise you..." Radar said determinedly. "I will watch over Nikki like she was my own. Uh, wait a sec, that's not what I--!"

Jesse held up a hand to stop him, smiling warmly. "Maybe someday...she will be. I hope to be here for that."

With a final pat on Radar's shoulder, Jesse waved goodbye, then took off after Petra. Nikki then walked next to Radar, watching her brother take off with his true love wistfully. 

"I knew the day would come," she said happily. "The day Jesse grew up and left to find his calling...and the day I was able to let him go. Maybe one day...I'll find someone too."

Radar turned to Nikki, hanging on to what she had said last. "I'll find someone too..."

"Well, we got a town to run, Nikki!" he said cheerfully, taking her arm and pulling her back towards the town. "And a future to build...together."

WELP! Now you know how I feel about the determinant ending of MC:SM S2! And yes, I said S2, not ending of MC:SM! I saw the trailer, noticed how it said SEASON finale. Not series. SEASON. Meaning? THERE MIGHT BE MORE TO COME! I REALLY hope all the S2 characters will be joining us for the possible future ride on S3! Let's hope for all the best!