Chapter 3

Long chapter here. Please excuse any grammar mistakes, because I sort of rushed through this chapter because I had many ideas for this part. So sorry for the wait!

Enjoy!

Madara Uchiha....

Madara Uchiha....

"Madara Uchiha," Toshiko whispered after thinking the name over again as she tossed more firewood into the fireplace. Though it was merely four days ago, the name never left her mind, nor the deepness of his voice that matched its power. More than what she let on, she ended up daydreaming about how everything led to her being pinned down by him to introductions. Well, a one-sided introduction is what it ended up as.

Dusting her hands she sat before the fire within the reach of its conducting heat, chin in her right hand with the elbow on her same knee. "Hmm... So I got my butt pinned out but a random long-haired man. What else is there?" she mused out loud to the fire. Funny, it cannot reply back at her. The question hung heavy in her mind as the wonder of seeing Madara again was placed on a mental "wish list". The fire flames that rapidly flicked and dance from the wood caught her ponder.

The fireball he executed when they fought burned hot, and it was HUGE. Toshiko never encounter a Jutsu with that affinity. Awkward as it sounds, it's true. Living out here she only encountered bandits and other Water Style and Earth Style shinobi. Madara is the first Fire Style ninja.

"Those flames..." she thought as she watched the fire. Her blue eyes shone like amber gems illuminated from the fire's light, and they went widened when her nose smelled her food pungently. "Oh no, darn it!" She sprung up to her feet and ran into the kitchen where she forgot her food.

....

-Konohagakure-

A stack of papers slammed on top of a desk, a man jolted up in surprise from his slumber. "Eh, what?..." he muttered sleepily as he looked into ruby red eyes of a white-haired man.

"You shouldn't have went out gambling last night! Now it costs you. Too bad you can't whine about it now; you have work to do," the man's deep voice scolding the brunet. He wiped his face and stretched his arms. "Did you at least do a few of these papers for me, Tobirama?..." he almost whined.

"Hashirama, that's not my job." Tobirama crosses his arms and eyed his brother. "And you're being irresponsible."

Hashirama goes through this almost daily. Whenever he felt the need to pardon himself with free time or a nap, he can be sure that Tobirama will come climbing on his back about his duties. Its like he was the mother and he the child; like the saying no work, no fun.

Hashirama slumped, just another day to get rid of these ridiculously ample stack of paper. Upon sliding the stack to himself and picking up a pen, his dark brown eyes trailed up to Tobirama's. "As far as I'm concerned, since I was absent and you collected all these papers, why couldn't you do it? Hmm~?" He asked sitting up with a raised brow.

Tobirama scoffed and narrowed his eyes more. "Like I said, it's not my job."

"You're my advisor so you still could help."

"Advisors makes sure his leader is on track and not slacking," Tobirama grumped.

"Exactly. As you said 'make sure the leader is on track'."

"You're not buying you're way out of this by your comebacks, Ani-sama..."

Hashirama stared at his younger brother a little while longer with battle of their eyes. The intensity grew and withheld the grip, waiting for the one to lose that grip. Neither was backing down. And Hashirama, being the jovial spirit he naturally is, he pivoted his head sideways and cracked an innocent smile. "Sure you're not doing the same thing~?" he hummed.