Chapter 9

Toshiko taps the end of the hilt with a stoic expression, waiting for the followers to make a move. She was already growing bored when a full ten seconds passed. She rolls her eyes and taps her second finger on her knee. "I guess I'm talking for my health. Which one of is my therapist?" she snipped.

As on cue one charges full speed at her. His appearance became known now. He was indeed covered in black with a cape that goes all around his body, and face mask and shaggy black hair. She never moved from her spot until he got closer about a couple of feet away. Placing one foot flat on the ground, she flips her body backwards and lands firmly on her feet. With a vertical swipe, her blade met his torso to split in the middle. The ninja strangled through groans and froze where he stood, falling to his knees in shock, and at last falling face first to Toshiko's feet with one last grunt.

The remaining five glared on, intimidated that a woman just took a man down. A woman! Said woman stood tall and flings her blade making it sing when it sliced the air, and one of the ninja with smoke gray headband observed her person.

"She...she has no weapon pouch, no scrolls. She doesn't even have a band to show which clan she's affiliated with," he grumbled in disbelief for his associates to hear.

"You're right!" Toshiko screamed in on his conversation before the others could respond to him, charging from above. She leapt from such a far distance so quickly, it gave him a narrow escape when her Katana sliced his upper arm while dodging the death blow. Not giving him enough time to recollect, Toshiko spun around with a kick— the back of her heel connecting to his face. His body flung away from her while she turns to parry a knife blow from behind.

Toshiko crouched down, spinning to slice open his torso. Blood poured from the would like a waterfall, never to come back again as he fall losing life in him the passing seconds.

'Two down, four to go.'

....

Eventually Toshiko took down two more, one went hand to hand with swords with her and bit of ninjutsu. Her affinity of water was strong enough to know them off their feet at once and they recovered quicker than she expected. Not that she had to worry about them for long, for she slit one's throat and embedded a kunai in the other's back from. The kunai had come from being thrown at her, and it came in handy at last when she was kind of winded.

With excitement.

"Woo! Two left! Bring your asses on!" She boasted, twirling her green katana over the back of her hand and went into attacks mode again. One of the two— the leader— has been reeling back as much as possible to avoid he attacks. Now he has no choice but to take action and fight against her. Of all people, a woman? The first thing that came out of his mouth was an insult as he went to parry her strike.

"You're a woman! How can you be privileged with a weapon and fight like a shinobi?"

Toshiko bit her tongue, her excited gaze turning into a dark one. So quickly as a blink of an eye, she struck her elbow square to his nose with the same dominant arm. A surprised, painful grunt left his mouth as he rolled away from her. "D-damn you! You broke my nose!" He screeched. The remaining comrade of his looked between him and her, trying to pick whether he should retreat or take offense.

Toshiko shrugged waking forward as if nothing had happened. The unwavering gaze bore into his visible eye, unlike the other that is clenched shut to bear the pain of his broken nose. "Try being a woman who is always harassed by people like you and come back to me with that bullshit again..." she sneered at him. "Kunoichi fight too."

The one with the busted nose clenched his teeth and stood to his feet again and spat blood from his lips that has gathered there and drew up his kunai knife again. "Woman, if you were caged in as a maid, you wouldn't consider yourself a kunoichi in the first place."

'What did he say to me?' She thought cocking her head to the side. Her voice took a dangerous undertone, for the insult was sexist— a disrespectful comment towards women who didn't like to be obstruct from making choices by men. "No, you did not...just go there, punk..."

The busted leader raised his weapon. "Udo, take her left," he ordered. Again, with the possible sneak attack. Now, she was tired of his mouth, tired procrastinating— why was she procrastinating?! He should be dead now!

On that thought, fate seem to have listened to the woman's thoughts as the other man called Udo charged. Then the other went to her right. Toshiko wuickly sheathes her katana and weaved a few hand signs and jumped back from an Earth jutsu. Rubble spikes sprouted from the ground up towards her, following her. She made the last sign and struck her recessive hand forward like a spear down to her opponents. "Water Style: Flying Spears!"

Water materializes from the moisture in the air and into vast amounts of water spiraling like spears. It happens so quickly that Udo didn't have enough range to dodge this attack. He hops back but it crashes upon him where he landed until the water settles. The leader was swept by the waves until he regained his footing, now looking at Toshiko like she has cursed his name.

"There's more where that came from," she says as she lands in a crouch position and sprinting ahead in a blur.

"What?!" Udo gasps at her incredible speed that was impalpable. The last thing he sees is the streak of light from her weapon and a searing pain in his side. He gags for words that comes out as choking sounds and he lands in a heap. This made the leader flinch disbelieving as he fall lifeless.

"Fucker," Toshiko mutters.

"Udo!" He shoots her a glare as she faces him. "I'm going to stop playing around with you! Take this," he shouts out.

Toshiko shrugs and readies herself. Her adrenaline rushes but he never came at her. She saw a pale hand quickly  went over his shoulder, fingers wrap around the front of his jaw like a vice and yanks his head back with a breaking crunch. All in one. Swift. Motion.

Toshiko gapes with widen cobalt eyes as the corpse of the enemy lies at someone's feet. "Crud! What the f..."she looks from the body up to the person that sought his demise. She sees red eyes and long layered hair fringing his form and dangerous face that haunts her memory.

"Running off again without clearance is suicide, woman."

*~~<>~~*