Chapter 18

Hey everyone! A late, late Merry Christmas to all... My Christmas turned out to be pretty upsetting, so I hope everyone enjoyed the glorious day. And recently my boss at work is being a female dog because I had an emergency and its nagging me. Things turned trashy and I don't know how tomorrow will be. I suppose everything will be ok.

So I wish you all a happy reading and happy new year.

••
Madara

This mission of Hazuna Town has to be done fast, and we'd return to the Hidden Leaf afterward. There is a lot needed to be done there, including Hashirama's stupid idea for a festival.

We've successfully moved into the vicinity without any complications. The pathway was laid out before our feet with gravel stone, traveling straight and wide to the hideout. On either side of the hideout coming in sight were vacant tents which I assume are for armed warriors, and the smaller ones were concession stands. Tasume and Kasume handled them with a promise that they wouldn't be found by any other observers.

We stealthily slink into the shadows on the side of the hideout, away from the windows and the moonlight. This is where our disguise comes into play.

"Okay, everyone. Use the Henge Jutsu, and cover your chakra immediately after dispelling it," Izuna reminded. I was already ahead of them and used the Henge Jutsu. The transformation gave me a look of an affiliated Shinobi within this area. My hair was dark brown and shorter to the neck and my features are altered as well. The rest had done the same with similar Shinobi attire and different features to differentiate between the others.

My eyes went to Toshiko as she pressed her back against the wall. She looked suspicious; looking around as if someone sees her. Her blue eyes wander left and right over to the side of her cover. There is a guarded look on her face that undoubtedly told me that she is paranoid. I have to make sure her attention stays in our bubble and not somewhere off on the train of anxiety.

"Oi," my call startled her and she slipped her frowning eyes to me. "Your focus needs to be here. Don't get anxious now."

Once again, I expected her to retort to me, but there was none. She looked at us in our transformation with a sliver of interest in her eyes. "Hm, disguise," she mumbles.

"It's preferable if you do the same thing." It was Kishō who spoke and stole her attention this time. "Your anxiousness reeks, so make yourself at ease."

Again, she looks around to the four of us until she gave a defeated huff. "Pig heads," she quipped quietly before executing the hand sign for the Henge. The thick cloud of smoke spreads quickly to nothing, and who stands there have the contrasting features of Toshiko herself. Her hair goes from ebony to blond in two low pigtails with framed bangs, her blue eyes are now hazel as the bronze sun in the meadow, and her attire— the same as before.

Her body frame and contours didn't change either.

I felt something nudge my arm. "Your focus needs to be here. Don't get hot and bothered now," Izuna chortled my earlier words to Toshiko is a singsong voice, utterly drawing the urge within me to put him in a headlock.

Toshiko

I find myself climbing a window that the freak ordered us to. Each of us were to climb to windows, split up, to cover the floors and take out any Shinobi on the floor. Since I'm by myself, I can sneak off from under his nose. He didn't have to assign me on with him, but why did he? Does he trust me to do the right thing— the wise decision?