Chapter 20

Hey people......
Well it's me.... Back again.....
Did you like the previous chapter? Was it funny? 😂
Let it be..... Here is the next part......
Enjoy...........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Hospital*
Arjun was looking at Shivika while the couple was very tensed. They were holding each others hand tightly with interwind fingers.

Shivaay(tensed voice) : Arjun, what does the reports say?
Arjun(serious voice): Do you me to say directly or with elaboration?
Shivaay: Just tell what is written?
Arjun: After going through your case, I have concluded that you were drugged which caused your miscarriage. Not only that you slipped into coma due to its overdose. Am I right?
Anika: Yes bhai.
Arjun: But did your doctor say you about your condition after that?
Anika: I don't remember anything maybe Shivaay can....
Shivaay: She had just told that Anika can't become a Mother. But she never said and I also forgot to ask her about it because I was too tensed about Anika at that time. She went into depression hearing about her miscarriage.
Arjun(sighing): So that means you both have no idea about what effect the drug had on you?

Shivika nodded their head in negetive while Arjun rubbed his temples in frustration.

Arjun(sighing): How can I tell you now?
Shivaay(holding his hand) : Please Arjun just say whatever is there in the report.
Arjun(sighing): According to the reports, Anika can become pregnant but she won't be able to hold or carry her baby for the full term.
Shivaay: Should it be a good news or bad news for us?
Arjun: Good news that she can conceive but I doubt whether she would be able to complete her full pregnancy.
Shivaay: What can we do about it?
Arjun: Right now her capacity to hold the baby is about 30%. Taking medicines and a proper diet along with healthy environment without any stress can increase the capacity to 60% only. Still it would be risky. Even if she becomes pregnant, it would be risky not only for her but for the baby too. Now it is upto you both. What you want to decide.

Silence prevailed in the room. Shivaay was thinking about the whole thing and was analyzing it. He couldn't think anything straight. For the first time in his life, he felt so much helpless. He couldn't find any other alternative of this situation. He was craving for a symbol of their love but not by risking Anika's life. He knew, he had to do this and he knew it would break everyone's dreams- Dadi's dream of becoming Pardadi, OmRuHi 's dream of becoming Chachu, GauNaYa 's dream of becoming Chachi, Baadi maa and Baade Papa becoming Baadi Dadi and Baadi Dadu, Shakti's dream of becoming Dadu , Sahil's dream of becoming Mamu along with Arnav and Khushi becoming Mami and most importantly Anika's dream of becoming a mother will be shattered. But he has to stay strong and say his decision aloud. He was about to voice out his decision when Anika cut him.

Anika(determined voice) : I am ready for the treatment......
Shivaay: Have you gone nuts Anika. Do you know what are you saying?
Anika: I know what I am saying. (looking at Arjun) What are chances that both mother and baby will be healthy or be alive?
Arjun: Though there is only 20% chances that both mother and baby survive and until now no such cases has been successful.
Shivaay: And I am not going to take this risk. So that's final.
Anika(determined): And I want to go through this..... (looking straight into Shivaay's eyes) And that's final.

Seeing the determination in her eyes, Shivaay couldn't answer back. He was pleading her not to take such decisions but she didn't even move a point inch from her words.

Arjun(sensing them) : I will be back with Anika's chart and medicines.

He left them alone but they remained unaffected. Shivaay just had one question in his mind.