6. EXO Planet 1

Around three months after the EXO Planet 1 tour started, I joined Lay and his group mates as I promised. It was a shame Mr. SooMan didn't let me go with them to the Chinese concerts, and of course the Seoul concert. He sent me over to Kasper's studio to help him interact in English with some new international students.

So I met with Lay and the rest of EXO at their concert in Jakarta. In fact, I was still an unknown person to the members, I think they knew Lay had a private teacher, but they didn't know it was a girl, since they seemed very surprised when he introduced me.

-Guys, this is Aly, she is my English teacher... she's been helping me for months now.- He said when I arrived at the rehearsal. I waved at everyone and bowed.
-Hi! Nice to meet you Aly, I'm Suho, EXO's guardian leader- Suho bowed, and wow, he was seriously really handsome, he had the most handsome face I had ever seen. I had no idea kpop groups had leaders.
-Hello Aly, I'm Xiumin, EXO's oldest member- He said he was the oldest but he looked very young.
-Oh! Ni ye shi zhongguo ren ma?- I asked him if he was Chinese, since his name didn't sound Korean. He laughed.
-I'm not Chinese haha, Xiumin is my stage name since I'm part of EXO-M, we sing in Chinese. - He responded.

I was very confused. Lay previously explained to me that there was a division of the group, but he didn't mention there was a Korean guy in the Chinese sub group. Why would they do that? It was very strange, well, Mr. SooMan was a very mysterious man.

-Hi Aly, I'm Chen ...- I gasped, I was about to speak- And no, I'm not Chinese either, but I also sing in EXO-M. - He explained. Once again, I was confused. Two Korean guys in the Chinese sub group!
-You really don't know us? I mean, you don't like kpop? - A tall guy spoke in a deep yet velvety voice, I looked up at his face, whoa, such a puppy face for such a tall guy.- I'm sorry, where are my manners, I'm Chanyeol, nice to meet you Aly. I had no idea Lee SooMan seonsaengnim let a girl teach Lay, are you married???- He added, and this time I laughed.
-Chanyeol ah! Why do you talk so much? She's not married, but she has a boyfriend and she's Kasper's friend...- Lay replied instantly, I didn't have the chance to talk.
-Who has a boyfriend? - Another guy came running from the backstage. He was breathtaking, I think my jaw dropped a little when I saw him. His voice was like honey.
-Oh, Aly, this is Kai, Kai, this is Aly, my English teacher- Lay intervened again. Kai approached me and bowed his head, then covered his cheeks like feeling shy.
-Hi Aly, I'm Kai, well, Lay already said that, ummm why do you guys bring girls here- He covered his face, he was so cute, I giggled.

Then the rest of the guys continued to introduce themselves, they were so many members! Imagine before Kris left. Lay later told me he was EXO-M's leader, so it surprised me even more remembering how he left without telling them.

-Well, Aly, I hope you can help us all with our English, oh, and you still have to meet Luhan, he's not feeling very well. - Lay looked at the floor as he talked about Luhan.
- I'll try my best, but you guys have a very good pronunciation, specially you D.O.- I told him smiling. D.O had an amazing pronunciation, it was so weird that he actually didn't know anything else besides "Hello, my name is D.O, glad to meet you". He smiled in such a cute way, his big eyes formed a crescent moon and his lips a heart, he looked like a baby, it melted my heart, why were they all so adorable.

I stayed there to watch them rehearse. It was my first time listening to their songs, I had only heard Lay's songs, well, the drafts he had written, and I loved them. I thought I wouldn't like their songs, but wow! I was really amazed, and they sang with such passion. The way D.O and Baekhyun put their hands in their chests when they sang, the way Chen embraced his rocker side during his solo "Uprising", the way Kai, Sehun and Lay danced in such an artsy way, I felt like falling in love with all of them. The different music styles that they touched with their songs really impressed me, I never thought kpop was like that. I loved it.

-Guys!! I loved it! I've seen many dancers at Kasper's studio, but I think you three are totally perfect!! Wow, really, no words- I told Lay, Kai and Sehun after they finished rehearsing. The three of them giggled covering their faces, feeling shy for my comment.-C'mon guys! I just saw you dancing like beasts up there! Why are you shy?- I asked them. Then the other guys gathered around us.
-So, is Luhan still feeling unwell? He missed the rehearsal- Tao asked. Xiumin nodded.

I noticed all their faces changed. What was happening? Lay didn't tell me anything about Luhan being ill before, maybe he fell sick during the China concerts.

-Aly, you're staying for the concert, right? - Chanyeol asked. Boy, he liked to talk so much.
-Sure! I wouldn't want to miss it! I will stay with you for the Bangkok concerts as well- I smiled, I was so happy that they accepted me in their friendship circle.

Well, I considered them my friends already, and hoped they felt the same. I knew Lay loved them dearly as if they were his real brothers. During our classes, he always mentioned them. Before the concert Lay called me to talk with him alone.

-Aly, thank you so much for being here, I really appreciate it. It means a lot.- He said giving me a little smile. Yet, he didn't seem too happy.
-No problem, I'm here to support my student! -I replied, and approached him touching his shoulder.-But are you alright? I'm your friend, you can talk to me if you're not feeling happy, I noticed the rest of the members are feeling the same, did something happen?- I asked.
-It's just that... it's been a bit over three months since Kris left us, we try to look happy in front of our fans, but it's not easy to lose a friend, a brother... and now that Luhan is not rehearsing with us, I feel my heart aching again... I know he's just sick, but it makes our group look empty...- Lay sounded really sad. I knew Kris's departure affected him, but now that I saw all the members being sad, I started feeling their pain.
-Oh Lay, please don't be sad... life has all these ups and downs, but it continues to amaze us with other surprises... I'm gonna tell you a story... -I paused. I wanted to cheer him up, by telling him the story of my life, yet, it was going to be the first time telling him about my personal life. He stared at me with baby sheep eyes, like waiting for me to keep talking-A couple of years ago, I had a boyfriend... I went to China to celebrate my birthday, and practice my Chinese skills... well, that jerk only accompanied me to get laid and... -I was going to keep telling my crappy story, but Lay interrupted me.
-Get laid? What do you mean?- He seemed clueless. I smiled at his innocence.
-Ummm, I mean, to have sex with me...- I replied, he widened his eyes and covered his mouth. I chuckled. He looked really so cute, but was he really so shocked and shy talking about sex? I thought it was normal for guys.-Anyways, I told him I didn't want to, so he left me all alone in China, ruining my trip and my birthday, can you believe that?! I was really sad at that moment, but guess what? Everything happens for a reason Lay...- Then he interrupted again.
-You... you didn't want to...? -He was kind of talking to himself, like thinking out loud.
-No... well, since you're a famous person I imagine you've had lots of girlfriends and this may sound archaic to you... but I want to wait until marriage for that... well, as I was saying, everything happens for a reason, and that is, that I had to stop wasting my time with my then boyfriend and see his true self, and now I'm with WeiFen, and...-He interrupted once again.
-No, no, Aly, I'm an idol, didn't you know we're not supposed to have relationships in our first two years after debut? I haven't had lots of girlfriends... - He said with a shy voice.
-You're not? Why?? That's inhumane, as if you were robots without feelings!?- I was shocked. Lay sighed.
-Yes, but anyways, it's not like we have time for that... well, somehow Baekhyun managed to find time to be with his girlfriend, but see, we're going to be super busy for the rest of the year, how can you be in a relationship if you don't have time? -He spoke very fast, he seemed nervous talking about this topic. Could it be that he had been hurt like me in a past relationship?
-Well, you're right, but still, you guys have feelings... so those two years have passed, huh? Don't tell me you don't like anyone-I joked, he was very shy and smiled nervously but didn't answer.- Aww, well, the time will come, don't worry. The day you fall in love, you will start writing beautiful love songs, I can tell- I told him confidently.
-So you don't like what I write right now?- Lay asked pretending to be hurt.
-Of course I do! But they're not love songs, right now you're in love with your art only- We both laughed.

After the intense chat, he hurried to get changed and the concert started.