[8]: Riddle And Potter

It happened in a instant, my fist collided with his jaw on instinct. Harry taught me some self defense long ago and I guess my reflexes kicked in at the wrong time.

❝Sorry I...I just...you....❞

I finally have up my useless ramblings coming to a halt as he rose to his full height, he was a good two heads taller than me, it seemed everyone from around here was.

A scarlet liquid dripped down from his nose, running trough his pursed lips and down his chin onto the snowy ground below, staining the pure white. His onyx eyes pierced my own ones in a vicious attempt at a threatening glare.

He must think I'm a idiot, my first three seconds and I already managed to screw up. This must be a new record.

Great...Just great, it's all just so bloody great, litterly bloody.

I began to laugh slightly, hiding it with a cough, no matter how serious the situation was, I couldn't fathem how stupid he looked, trying to make himself appear more threatening when he seemed as harmless as a kitten.

"What's so funny?!"

His once vicious expression left and was replaced with a confused one, yet the blood still dripped on, he hadn't even acknowledged it yet. He must get into quite a few fights.

"This is awkward."

My laughing died down slowly and I sobered up, it wasn't all to funny to begin with, but him just standing still attempting to look threatening just added to the awkwardness of the situation.

Quickly I offered my hand as a truce of sorts, hoping he'd accept.

"I'm sorry, I'm Victoria. "

He already by chance knew my last name, it wasn't a surprise, the Potter's were a well known, respected family in the Wizarding community. My famous siblings did add to the mix. Charles as the chosen one, Harry as the protector and Rosie as the skillful, beautiful heiress who was known for her beauty, despite her young age.

"Victoria Potter."

I sighed, I hated saying those two together, hopefully I won't get special treatment.

" Elijah Riddle."

He stated gripping my hand, his bloody nose forgotten as he shook my hand, letting go soon afterwards.

My eyes widened a fraction, staring at the boy, he was a Riddle? It was a unique surname in the Wizarding community, only one Riddle had been recorded in years, Tom Riddle. But he disappeared years ago. Unless they were not actually related.

"Is your father by any chance Tom Riddle?"

"who wants to know?"

A cocky grin danced on his lips, he wanted to toy with me, i can see the playfulness in his eyes. Already I can see he hardly took things seriously.

❝"Me, I asked the question didn't I or are you hard of hearing, Riddle?"

His grin immediately fell into a frown, apparently he didn't like being bested.

"Yes, my fathers name was Tom Riddle and my mother's, well, she was a Potter as well, Victoria I think, I heard her name only once from my father, before his disappearence."

My eyes widened to the size of saucers this time, Potter? How on earth could he be related to me and I didn't even know it, maybe it was a Potter cousin, I have heard of quite a few, and father did say he named me after his Aunt. It makes sense.

" So your related to the...the chosen one as well."

I swallowed hard, my eyes staring into his own, finally I'd have some sort of family that hopefully didn't outcast me like my family did.

"To Charles Potter? sadly yes, he seems useless for someone that is going to save the world."

Elijah sighed noisily, I chuckled, agreeing with his statement.

"So we're family?"

I asked, looking at him with a raised eyebrow, the blood now dried as he stood with a stupid grin on his face.

"That's why I came to escort you and give you a tour, even though we never met, the headmaster thought it be best I give you a tour."

Authors Note: Thank you soooo much for reading my story!!!! let me know what you think in the comments, critism is welcome ♡