{14} : History Repeats Itself

I sighed, staring at my breakfast, consisting of scrambled eggs, strips of greesy bacon and thick sausages. Usually it would be a perfect, mouth watering meal but I just couldn't stomach it after last night. I, Veronica Potter, am related to the Dark Lord and by default, that killer was related to the chosen one as well. It's not common knowledge as it took two hours to find the damned clipping of the paper. If anyone found out the Potter family name would be in shambles, having the Dark Lord as apart of the family.

Elijah bumped me with his elbow knocking me out of my thoughts. I turned to stare at his pale face, his green eyes piercing my own, his mouth filled with half chewed pieces of pancake, syrup dribbling from his chin.

"What's the matter with you, you're being all moody."

"Yea yea, I couldn't sleep all night."

I waved him away, going back to moving the scrambled eggs around the plate absent mindlessly. I would have to figure out how to fix this.

I would like to know the secrets of the family, there are so many that could destroy the family name, the Potters are an ancient bloodline. A family tree that large definitely has scandles and well kept secrets.

I am going to uncover them all, right down to the last dirtiest detail. With a soft sigh I looked over at Elijah, a pout on my lips.

"Elijah, is there any way to travel backwards in time? It's for my history of magic essay. "

It is easy enough to blame my newfound worries on the change in schoolwork and schedule, no one will suspect a thing. With Elijah around, he is like a walking dictionary with history, it'll be easy. I personally think he took an intrest in it to find out more of what could be a troubling past of his, being a spawn of the dark lord could not be fun.

" Ummmm, a time turner would be easiest but they're very hard to come by. Although that Griffindor witch with the bushy hair has one, saw her use it last night. Don't know how such a brat could get something as important as that."

He stuck his nose up in a sneer, it was obvious he had bscome biased towards my brother and sister, that includes their friend group, mostly consisting of those red headed Weasleys that I used to get along with. Ron especially, I still think to this day he had a crush on me back then although now adays he would probably aim for Rose. Who wouldn't want a rich heiress who radiates beauty. She is just like mum when mum was younger, a catch for the boys and stuck in a love triangle of sorts. History has a way of repeating itself.

"Ah, thank you Elijah, you'll have helped me score a fifty on my quizz."

I gave him a truly happy grin as he left the table to attend his first lesson. He seemed in a awful hurry, I couldn't help but notice he followed as soon as the Ravenclaw, Luna Lovegood left. Someone has a tiny crush, the thought of it made me chuckle slightly aloud, making Viktor turn to look at me, a singular well plucked brow risen. I stuck my tounge out in retaliation, as he too developed a small grin before turning back to his own breakfast of bacon and a surprisingly tall tower of pancakes, drenched in syrup.

My eyes were trained on the Griffindor table, staring at a certain bushy haired overachiever, waiting like a snake waits for its victim, no need to make haste. Slow and steady wins the race.

After ten more minutes of casual staring she excused herself to hurry to class. Not wanting to be late, perfect. Without a word I stood up as well, and walked out before she could, I don't want to make it that obvious to everyone around us. As soon as the doors to the Great hall shut behind me I broke out into a run. She would be having potions now, passing through the dungeons, she had five glasses of orange juice the bathrooms would be where she is headed.

Without a second thought or backup plan, I impulsively hid behind the bathroom entrence door, the only sound was the heavy beating of my heartbeat and the irregular breath patterns.

A minute passed

Two minutes

Three...

Finally I could hear her walking down the corridor, muttering the ingredients to the potion they were yo brew today under her breath. I wouldn't have much time.

The bathroom door was shoved open and like an idiot I tripped, grabbing onto the only thing I could find, her tie, bringing her down with me.

"I'm so sorry! I'm such a clutz."

I apologized, my eyes widening as I get up, offering a hand to help the innocent girl up as well.

"It's fine, don't worry about it."

Hermione smiled slightly, but winced as she stood to her full height.

"You're head, are you okay? We should go to the medbay to get that checked out."

I smiled apologetically, taking her arm in mine and beginning to walk us down the corridor.

"Thank you, I'm Hermione, you must be a Durmstrang student here for the tournament."

"Yes, well I'm here for a sort of exchange project between schools honestly, I'm Victoria."

Soon enough with a little more light chatter between us, we arrived at the medbay.

"I've got to rush to class, it was nice meeting you Hermione, even under the circumstances."

I chuckled, as she waved goodbye, the nurse on duty already shoving potions into her mouth.

With a final wave I left the office, walking towards my dorm, not before stopping at the liabery to check out a book or two.

Finally alone in my dorm, I opened the first book to the chapter on time turners, for an hour I sat, reading carefully and memorizing the rules and complications.

After I had read the book cover to cover, I sat still, a small hourglass shaped object lay snuggly in my palm, it had been easy to nick this off the poor girl.

Slowly I began to turn it, faster and faster before my entire world became black.

A/N: Thank you for reading my story, please like and comment, critism is welcome. Stay safe during these times, my prayers go out to everyone effected by this virus 💕