That Obnoxious Feeling

"Dad? Are you there?"

Yeon Joo went to her old house from time to time as secretly as possible. If her mom knew about this, she'd be dead. She just felt bad because her dad was alone most of the time after her parents' divorce.

Dad opened the door. "Dad, what's wrong?"

Dad's face always looked angry, maybe he didn't like the idea of Yeon Joo visiting him too often. But at least, he searched for her every graduation ceremony and even agreed to take a picture together.

"Nothing. I'm just busy."

"Busy? Dad, are you still making that horror manhwa?"

"Shhh!"

"No wonder. Your face looks like the person in a horror movie now, Appa. You need to take a rest."

"....."

"You need to make another manhwa then, right? It will be a booming manhwa, the best in our country!!", said the over-excited Yeon Joo.

"Let me finish my current work. How's... school?"

"Appa, have you ever heard about W?"

Yeon Joo kept talking while her dad was finishing the sketches.

"It seems like a really good manhwa but I got the one which is empty.."

"I'm a bit busy, Yeon Joo a. What time is it now? Shouldn't you go home?"

Oh Seung Moo (Yeon Joo's dad)

Oh Seung Moo had been doing nothing these few weeks. He tried to make a horror manhwa years ago, but it had always been declined by the publisher. He knew that Yeon Joo was going to find him today so he was pretending to draw another ghost scenes with his sweaty palms, when someone knocked the door.

He jumped.

"Dad? Are you there?"

He sighed,"Oh, it is Yeon Joo."

He let Yeon Joo talked a lot just because he's afraid that he might not be able to listen to her voice in the future.

He'd finally stopped drawing after Yeon Joo left. He drank a sip of beer from a bottle beside his papers.

He began to write his note:

"Today Yeon Joo came over. W? Interesting.. I've been making a new storyline and sketches inside my head and it's not even the ones I have been working on. They just keep on appearing inside my mind. But I don't think it will work. None of the publisher wanted these horror scenes I made... I can't draw.. not anymore.. I lack talent..”

“Appa.. is so sorry for being a useless person.. who can't even do anything for his family. But one thing I can do for you is to find you at your highschool graduation, 2 more months to go, March 2004. Let's take a picture. You're smart, so I know you will pass the exam. That will be our last picture. Today, I've helped someone, I played as a hero and that's enough. At least I have done a heroic act before I die. I can't draw anything right now, my hands kept on trembling everytime I tried to draw, but luckily you didn't notice it. Everything will just be declined. It was my fault that your mom left me, too. Whenever I am drawing, I would forget about anything around me, even people, sometimes.. even your mom. She said that she hates to see me with beers, but I still do it even until this day. I do it to forget everything. It's my fault for breaking her heart. Maybe, I should really leave this world, to find the real meaning of life, my current life has always been meaningless."

Another Side of W Two WorldsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara