A New Beginning

Two years later, June 2006

"So how are y'all feeling after becoming a Sophomore at a medical university?"

"I feel empty."

"I feel like I'm dying, this is too much, what about you Yeon Joo?"

"I don't know."

A small group of university students were chatting in a book store.

"But Yeon Joo. How's your anxiety?"

"It is good. My therapist asked me to do something happy for myself everytime I'm about to fall into a long sad thought. Lemme search for some manhwa before we leave."

"Sure. Oh have you heard about W?"

Yeon Joo was starled by this question.
"W? Did you just say W? You.. know about W?"

"What's with the surprised look? Of course everyone who's into manhwa would know about it. The first book was just released last week. It's so cool."

"Aish, you guys are reading manhwa at this age?"

"What about it?! It is so good. Oh Seung Moo is awesome. I look forward to the next chapter."

"Oh Seung Moo?!"

She ran to see it with her own eyes.

"Yah wait for me Yeon Joo a."

Two years ago, the therapist Yeon Joo met, told Yeon Joo that she suffered from a severe anxiety. But she refused to take the pills as she knew that they could create addiction. She would cry to sleep almost every night, despite not knowing what the reason was, and she kept having the same dream, meeting the same people in the dream, including the tall lean guy. The dreams were almost like, as if, she had another life somewhere, at the same time.

"Did Dad actually made this manhwa?" "Kang Ch..ul..? President Kang..?", Yeon Joo remembered something while reading the manhwa.

Yeon Joo closed her eyes. A vision of her kissing a tall lean guy at a shopping centre popped into her mind. The time seemed to stop, it felt warm, he looked shocked at the moment and so did everyone around them. And that's when saw some words hanging in the air. Then, she ran into the fitting room out.

She opened her eyes. She touched her lips.

"What the heck? Did I know someone who look like him before?"

"Eiiii stop dreaming Yeon Joo a. Kang Chul is too perfect to be real. Let's go get this and return to our university."

"Is it really just a dream..?"

Yeon Joo tried to call her dad a few times. "The number you are calling is....."

She tried calling her old house, her dad's house.

"Hello, this..this i-is Park Soo Bong. The author is currently busy. So c-can I help you ins-instead?"

He sounded as if this was his first time answering a phone call this way.

"Hello, is he there though? Tell him that his daughter is coming."

She got down from the cab as soon as she arrived.

"Soo Bong a, where's him?"

"Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Park Soo Bong. And they are Ms. Seon Mi and Ms. Yoon Hee."

"Oh! Soo Bong a. Where's Appa?"

"There. Urm. Why are you acting as if we are close friends?

"Sorry, my bad, what's wrong with me..? It just feels like I've known you for a long time before."