Oblivion

"Wake up. Please wake up, Oh Yeon Joo.....!"

A soft breeze blew. It was indeed calming. She was awake but she felt unwell, so she didn't even bother to open her eyes. Her palms and feet were numb with coldness. She finally opened her eyes slightly.

White ceiling, green curtain. Hospital, huh? She felt dizzy.

As a few first seconds passed, she didn't even care where she was at.

Footsteps were heard. A man in a doctor coat opened the left curtain.

"Yah, Oh Yeon Joo! You awake? You should have called someone if you're awake."

"S..Seok Beom?"

A bunch of memories were pushed into her head all of the sudden, creating an awful pain inside of her head. She remembered the last time she was here with Chul. It was the scene where she was crying, thinking of the disappearance of her dad inside the manhwa world.

"You ok? I'll call someone."

"No don't! Seok Beom a, I missed you and the others so so so much. You guys didn't even existed there.. "

"You.. We've been assigned to check on you every hour no matter how busy our schedule is."

"Wait. Where's my phone? What date is it today?"

"Did you hurt your head? The results were normal though. Should I make an appointment with the psychological professor for you? What happened to you Yeon Joo a? You've been resting on the extra bed of ICU since yesterday."

"Yesterday? I passed my highschool and college life all over again. But actually, only 1 day has passed? This is too cruel.."

"Where's Kang Chul...?"

"Kang.. Who? Should I call your dad? Writer Oh.., where's him? Wait.. wait.. I'll try to contact him."

"Seok Beom a, my dad is gone.."

Seok Beom went outside while mumbling something. Something like "There's definitely something wrong with her brain." and also "He's gonna be sad to see his daughter being in this condition."

"Why..? Almost everyone here knows Kang Chul though..?"

The curtain on the other side was suddenly opened.

Someone appeared.

He was wearing a dark navy blue toned formal working suit, smiling at Yeon Joo.

That eyes, nose, and lips. She missed them so much.

"You don't like it? Weird. The book definitely said so.. don't girls like surprises?"

"Kang.. ? Kang.. Chul aa.." She hugged him tightly.

"I thought I'll never ever see you again. I had been somewhere where you don't exist, I passed all those years all over all by myself and saw you being created." said Yeon Joo.

"Did you have bad dreams? That's not fair. I got a good one...where we've gotten into a marriage and we were both on a park bench by the river."

"No! No it's not just a dream. Please believe me, Kang Chul a. I don't think anyone besides you would believe me. I.... was inside my past life.... I meant not past life, but my current life, in a different time. A few years ago. Where I haven't even known all of the people who are around me right now! W was just created not long ago over there, before I suddenly woke up here.."

"Then, was there me inside? Who were there?"

"My omma, appa, friends from the highschool, university, and.. Soo Bong.."

"Soo Bong.. I borrowed a lot from him."

"He's the only person who knew about the manhwa world, just like us, now that appa is gone."

"Things like this happened to me a lot." said Chul proudly.

"Like this?"

"Having a long dream. It's not just a regular dream. But I must not tell it to anyone. It could last months or years but when I woke up. It's just been a few hours or half day or probably 1 day."

"You too? Why haven't you told me before?!"

"It's not simple enough to be told. Those scenes were drawn and deleted."

Yeon Joo was starled, she stepped back a bit, then, she sat down on the edge of the white bed.

"I got the same nightmare every night back then. The scene where I jumped down into the sea not long after my family got killed and after someone framed me. But then I woke up and I have never done that. It was a deleted scene created by your dad and it turned into my dream every night instead. Someone must have drawn and deleted them on purpose to show you something."

"What? But.. it's not possible! Isn't dad gone?!"

Chul's body slowly turned transparent. This time, it's not just one of his hands.

"Chul a? What.. what should I do...? What..What happened to you...?!" Yeon Joo panicked.

"Sorry, I.. have got no time to explain. Things sure are obscure this time. People are forgetting me, even in the real world and not just in the manhwa world. Someone has created new variables. Take care. I'll go check them out for awhile." Chul teleported into the manhwa world without any other word.

"What should I do, Appa? Did someone make these scenes? No way, why would he/she/they do this? I don't want Chul to disappear just like Appa. I don't want him to fade out."

A ringtone was heard. It was her phone.

"Soo Bong?" "Soo Bong a, where are you? Something scary is happening. Please listen to me."

"Noona, are you ok?"

"Soo Bong.. What's happening? Has something weird happened to you as well? Something like a long dream?"

"Noona, just like Chul told me before, unexpected things can always happen in the manhwa world. Check it out. It is back to "To Be Continued"..."

"Really? How's that possible? But.. Appa is gone... Who-"

"When Chul jumped into the sea to kill himself, you drew him being saved by boats. When you were shot by Han Sang Hoon, teacher drew you back alive in the hospital and you're back, alive."

"What are you trying to say ...?" said Yeon Joo, nervously.

"Noona! Get a hold of yourself! How could you choose Chul more than your dad?! Your dad is a human, just like us, but Chul is just a manhwa character. How could you do that?!" said Soo Bong while crying.

"Are you drunk? This is not a time for you to drink. Kang-"

"Yes! You're right! I've been drinking since last night. I swear to teacher this might be the first and last time I stole his precious liquor!!"

“I've been drawing a lot.”

“Have you seen the past? Did you have fun?”

"Soo Bong.. It was you? Tell.. Tell me, what have you done?"

The line was cut.