Chapter 10

Rae's POV
***

I wake up to a pounding headache. I remember last night vividly. After I left I went off on Shawn. He told me I was just as much of a jerk as Cameron and we would be good together. I waited on my street corner until a pair of headlights came my way. It was Cam. He had apologized. I had stupidly forgave him and we went back. I had a couple drinks and from there it's a blur. That must explain the pounding headache in my skull.

I look over to see my phone blown up with notifications. I read through them. Most comments and likes from Instagram. Some texts from unknown numbers saying things like, last night was fun. What happened last night? I look on my Instagram to see the picture everyone was liking. It's of me and Cam. And he's kissing me. I have a drink in one hand and the other is on his shoulder. I look wide eyes at the picture. I quickly delete it and go through my phone pictures from last night.

The first is of me and a jock from school making these weird fish faces. The second is I me, Cam, Dani, Liz, Frankie, and a few of Cameron's friends who are playing spin the bottle. The next few are of my friends kissing Cam's friends and me kissing Cam's friends. I keep scrolling through to see one of me and Cameron dancing to a slow song. What did I do last night? I feel a buzz and see I got a text from Cam.

*what was up with you last night? What was up with me?
-Cam*

*I'm not sure, come over and we can figure it out
-Rae*

Sure enough he is here within five minutes. I walk downstairs realizing I still have a dress on. And not the dress I wore to the party. Okay, what the actual heck.

I run upstairs and change into denim shorts and an old purple cross country cut off. I run back downstairs bare foot and open the door. Can is standing there rocking back on his heels with his hands in his pockets. He looks adorable.

I usher him in and guide him to my room. It's Sunday so both my parents are at work. We walk into my room and I leave the door open.

"So what happened to me last night?", I say immediately as we sit cross crossed on my bed facing each other. He looks worried.

"Umm, well you came back to the party. You had a couple shots and then we danced. A lot. We played spin the bottle. You kissed me. A lot", he smirks and I smack his shoulder playfully.

"Go on", I urge him. He looks back an forth and again looks worried. He's not telling me something.

"We danced again. You took tons of pictures. And then..", what he said next would kill my reputation.