Chapter 45

Rae's POV
***

After the funeral I went home and into my room as quickly as possible. I slammed the door an locked myself in a cage where nothing could get in an no one could get out.

I laid on my bed, my face in my pillow and cried. I cried until a knock came at the door. I muffled out a go away. With silence my father slips a stack of papers through the door.

I walked over to the letters and grabbed them. Each had a different colored envelope. The first was red, it said on the back:

For Raeanne when you fall in love

The next I picked up was white. It's inscription was:

For Raeanne on your wedding day

The next was simple and needed. It was written:

For Raeanne when I am gone

There were a few others too. Each for a different time in my life. My father had a note on the top that said:

Your mother wrote these for you just in case. Read them according to the time. She would want you to know she loves you and you shouldn't grieve over her although I know you will. That's okay though. I love you.

I set the note down beside of me and looked at the back of the last three envelopes.

For Raeanne in when you are engaged

For Raeanne when you have children

For Raeanne on your 20th birthday

I decided to read them accordingly to the time. Some haven't happened so I put them away for another time. I started with the one that happened first.

For Raeanne when you fall in love

I open it with caution. But when I get to it the paper is crumpled and has stains that seem to be from tears. I smile at the thought of her. I begin reading over it.

Dear Raeanne,
So you believe you have fallen in love. You believe you have fallen for a boy and he stole your heart in a way you can't get it back. I know how you feel. To tell you my advice I have to tell you the story of how I fell in love.

It was late August and my junior year of high school. I met this boy in my science class. That year I failed science because all I ever did was talk to him. I really fell for him. I thought he liked me too. So I asked him if he did. He laughed. Laughed right in my face. He said he only thought of me as a friend and I just ruined it by loving him. But he came back the next week saying he was sorry and realized he liked me a lot. So I gave him my heart that was broken by him thinking he would put it back together. He didn't though, his friends had bet him ten dollars I wouldn't go for him again. They lost and he won ten dollars. All I was worth was ten dollars and I won't ever forget that. I really thought he loved me too after we went on a couple dates but then he broke up with me two weeks after for no reason. It was the worst feeling ever. I lost my best friend and the boy I loved. But soon enough I met your father who put me back together. Although I will still always love my first love I love your father more. I love him enough to let go of my past.

So that shows why I'm so protective. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want you to fall under a fake spell. Yes, the boy who you love will hurt you a few times. But you will hurt him too. So let go of each difference you have and hold onto the truth, hold onto your feelings. Hold on your hope. I promise love will prevail if it is true. I love you. Im sorry I'm gone right now and I couldn't tell you this in person. I'm sorry I'm not coming back but you can move on. Read my letters accordingly and know my words are all truth. I love you,
Mom

I finish reading and set the letter down knowing this was meant to be. This is what was supposed to happen. I don't know why but it was. I was supposed to fall for Cameron. Mom was supposed to be gone. Life was supposed to live on.

Then I begin the next letter.