Chapter 39

Cameron's POV
***

I Vidal the number to the restaurant and they pick up on the first ring. I confirm the reservations and begin on calling Nash. I need to get him to take Rae to my house so I can take her on a surprise trip. I dial his number and he pucks up after a few rings.

"Hello", he says in a raspy voice. I twiddle my thumbs, I'm nervous for tonight and I don't know if my plan will fall through or not.

"Hey, can you still get Rae at my house secretly like we planned?", I ask nervously. I anxiously wait as he recollects his thoughts.

"Yeah", he says obviously bit wanting to have any social connection.

"Okay them b-",he cuts me off to gets back to whatever he was so in to doing.

"Bye", and then the line goes dead. I breathe out and try to calm myself. I go upstairs to find some clothes. I pick out a red polo shirt with tan khaki shorts. I put on my gray vans and go to the mirror to fix my hair. I brush it out and comb it up, I put gel in it to make it stay up. After I am satisfied with my appearance I check the time to see I have an hour until I need to be back at the house.

I rush downstairs and grab my car keys. I go outside and unlock my truck. I hop in and drive down the road. It's about a ten minute drove but it doesn't seem like it takes long at all. I open the door and exit the vehicle. I open the large jewelry store door and hear the ding of the bell above me. I walk towards the main boxes of jewelry to see wedding rings and other things I won't need for a while. I walk to the counter where one of many staff members stands, smiling politely.

"Can you show me where the rings are?", I ask with a nervous grin. She nods and shows me to a box of small silver rings. She tells me to ask if I need any assistance. I scan the silver rings with embroidered pictures in them. I see one that stands out. It has leaf like designs for the front of the ring and a heart in the center. Diamonds scatter the heart and leaves and on the inside of the ring the word promise is inscribed in the ring. I smile and see a hand open the box and grab the ring. I look up to find the same woman who brought me to the rings. "Thank you", I say as I hand her the excessive amount of money for the ring.

I walk out of the store with fifteen minutes to spare. I get home just in time. I make sure I look okey, put the ring in it's box and shove it in my pockets. I grab my sunglasses, phone, and credit card. I see Rae outside in my truck with a blindfold over her eyes. She looks stunning.

***
Rae's POV
***

We sit at the table eating silently. We both dressed nice, the restaurant is fancy with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and beautiful tables chairs, silverware, ect. I smooth out my black dress. It has short sleeves and a large bow in the front that is also black. It's goes a little above my knees but looks shorter with my pale pink pumps. I shift my pale pink, rhinestone bracelet on my wrist and play with my curly hair. I shake my knee out of nervousness. Cameron plays with his food and it are at him.

"Rae?", he asks catching me in a daze. His piercing eyes send chills up my spine. I nod and smile. "I'm really sorry", and I know he truly is.

"I know", I say speaking my thoughts. He nods and smile. He takes my hand in his. I close my eyes, I really need him back to help me.

"I know I don't deserve you, I'm the bad boy", we laugh silently, "but you make me more than that. You make me, me, I truly love you", I nod. Maybe I'm reassuring myself hen I say okay.

"Okay, I want to say something", I begin and he looks at me expectantly, "I don't know if we can be the same again but I do love you. I do forgive you, I just don't know if I can try again", he nods and goss back to his food. I eat the few remains of my own and wait until he finishes.

"Let's go somewhere special", he says an do think I know exactly where.