part 8

A/N - Hi, it's actually Dusty_the_Dragon here. I decided to write an author’s note 'cos I suddenly realised that I hadn't written one for any of the other chapters I've written. Sorry that it took so long to upload that was my fault because I've been really busy and didn't get much time to write. Don't forget to vote, comment and fan! Have fun reading. :)

The police woman stood in front of me, her eyes questioning.

I gasped. Then stepped back but my foot caught on the corner of the carpet.

I tripped.

“Pheo!” I hear Jack cry. But it was to late. My head hit the ground...

************************************************************************************************************************

“Hey Pheo,” A soothing voice worked it's way inside of my ear. “Pheo, can you hear me?”

I tried to open my eyes but they were so heavy. I just wanted to sleep and...

“Pheo!” Another voice, more frantic this time. It sounded like Jack. My head was so fuzzy, I couldn't quite comprehend or understand my surroundings. Someone said something muffled close to my right ear but no distinguishable words.

“Pheo, don't worry. It's going to be okay.” Jacks voice hit me. He was the only one I could understand.

Jack..” I tried to speak but it was more of a choking noise.

“What happening, is she alright?” Jack tried to hold back a sob.

“No, no. She's fine. I think she's beginning to regain consciousness.” the other voice was clearer now. A man’s voice, not one that I new.

The idiot! I already was conscious. My body just wasn't working. Wait, I was conscious, wasn't I?

“Come on, wake up!” Jack's voice was getting more and more frantic by the second. I willed myself to open my eyes. They were so heavy. I thought of Jack and his gorgeous smile. The corner of my mouth twitched. I heard Jack inhale sharply. “That's it. Come on Pheo!” I felt him slip his hand into mine. I concentrated hard and managed to grip onto it. I focused and managed to blink open my eyes. The harsh white light hit me full on and it took my a while to register my surroundings. Jack was sitting on a chair to the left of me while a grey haired doctor sat writing in a notebook to the right.

“Jack” I croaked. He shushed me gently.

“Quiet Pheo. Don't strain yourself,” he whispered to me before planting a small kiss on my forehead. There was a sort of buzzing feeling running across the roof of my mouth; it slowly faded.

“How do you feel Pheo?” the doctor asked. “Don't try to speak just a thumbs up or a thumbs down.”

I gave him a middle finger. He smiled.

“It's seems to me, Pheo, that you're on the road to recovery. Well done.” The doctor lent over to fill in some paper work and then left the room. Me and Jack were on our own.

“What happened?” was the first question that I asked him.

“Well, when you heard about your dad you were shocked so you took a step back but tripped on the corner of the carpet.”

“I don't remember,” I said puzzled. “Wait, what happened to Dad?”

“Here,” Jack passed over the local newspaper, The Cambridge Gazette, and looked at his feet. I read the headline.

MASS MURDERER OF 29 PEOPLE FINALLY ARRESTED.

“Oh God!” I whispered to myself. Jack looked at me grimly and I read on.

Claspiane London was arrested in his house in Cambridge yesterday. A witness to one of his crimes called the police and he is now awaiting a trial. London's wife recently passed away and his daughter ran away from home so many people say that the killing spree was emotionally triggered. Others disagree and say that the killing was going on long before these trigger events.

I couldn't read on any further so I handed the paper back to Jack. I looked at him. His face had a look of guilt on it and I eyed him suspiciously.

Had he been the one that had called the police?

The journey back from the hospital was one of the most trying times of my life. I talked to Jack normally but I noticed that whenever I mentioned my dad that a look of guilt spread across his face. Eventually I had to ask. There had been an awkward silence for some time and I broke it abruptly.

“Did you call the police?”

A startled look crossed his face. “No, no, not me. I didn't tell the police.” Although the words were mumbled they sounded truthful enough.

“Who did then?” I quizzed the matter further. “Was it Emily?” I guessed wildly.

A slight shake of the head.

“What about Fraser or Brooklyn?”

His lip quivered. No response.

“It was them, wasn't it. The liars. They said they'd keep it secret.”

He spoke softly, “No, it wasn't them either.”

I sunk further into the car seat. That left one person. The one person I would have trusted with my life.

“Blade?” I asked quietly. Jack turned to face the window.

I had found the culprit.

**********************************************

so what do you think of my best friends work. Ok well this is my little authors note. We would like to have maybe two votes and one or two comments until the next upload please!

Thanks for reading

Vote Fan, comment

Maya & Rachel