Chapter 26: Mon Amour

When I walk into my apartment where my cousin and best friend are, they both give me shit eating grins.

My gelled hair is standing up in fifty different directions, my button up is wrinkled, my belt is in my hand, and my zipper is undone.

"Well, well, well." Gabe says, smirking knowingly. "I see you've been busy."

"Harper walked in on us." I mutter, setting my belongings on the kitchen counter.

"She walked in on you?" Mason repeats. "Yeah, but at what stage?"

"Uh, well my fingers were inside of her." I say.

They both stare at me in silence, and then burst out laughing.

"Did you eat least go all the way?" Gabe asks through laughs.

"Yes." I say, and then I grin triumphantly. "Four times."

They start cheering loudly, clapping me violently on the back. I shove their grips off.

"Go pack your shit, horn dog." Mason snickers. "We leave at six in the morning."

"Oh fuck, I forgot to tell her." My eyes widen. I pick up my phone to call her, but when I look down at it, I realize it's not my phone.

It's Odette's.

"Shit." I say. "I-"

There's a few knocks on my door, and then Gabe opens the door to the apartment. Odette walks in.

"I did not know you were in town." She says.

"Oh, right, we're-" he cuts off. "Oh, is that a hickey?"

"What?" Her eyes widen. "Where?" She immediately uts her hand on her neck. He starts laughing.

"Just kidding, Frenchie. There's no hickey."

She glares at him, stepping around his body and walking over to me. She holds out my phone.

"Sorry." I say, taking it from her and handing her her own.

"It's okay." She says. Her eyes look me up and down and she smirks, but she doesn't comment.

"I'm going away for a few days." I say. "Like...a week."

"A week?" She repeats.

"Yes. I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you. I'm going to Hawaii with the guys."

"Okay." She says. "When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow morning." I say.

"Okay." She nods. "Well..." she hesitates, looking me up and down, her eyes lingering on my wrinkled shirt. "Well I will go. I am tired, and you should get some rest."

"I'll walk you out." I say when Mason snickers I won't why you're so tired under his breath. I shoot him a flat look, guiding her out of the apartment.

I put my arm around her and she puts her around my waist. We reach her motorcycle, and I look down at her. She steps out of my grip to stand in front of me.

"I'm going to miss you." I admit softly, looking down at her.

"I am going to miss you too." She says quietly. "Nathan?" She looks up at me, the streetlight casting glows on her face.

"Hmm?" I hum.

"Remember when we were at your parents and I was crying in the garage and I told you that I was scared to love you?"