Chapter 28: Broken

Chapter 28: Broken

I feel her shift her head on my chest.

"No." She says, laughing. "That is not even close, beau."

I sigh harshly.

"This is a waste of time, Mon Amour." I fold my arms over my chest. She rolls onto her stomach so she can see my face.

"You will get it." She insists, scooting closer to my face. She says something in French, but I completely blank out, looking at her.

She's not wearing any makeup today and her hair is messy from the sex we had earlier. She's laying on my bed in one of my t-shirts and her underwear. Her brown eyes shine with happiness as she talks, and I notice an eyelash on her left cheek.

I reach out and swipe it off of her cheek.

"Make a wish." I say, holding it up.

She looks down at the eyelash and after a moment, she blows. I grin brightly.

She starts talking on and on again, but I'm too busy watching her mouth form the words. Her teeth are so perfect and white and straight, her skin is flawless, her brown hair falling over her right eye. Her lips are so full and plump, her eyes filled with excitement and happiness.

God, I am so in love.

She hits my chest lightly with her left hand.

"Are you listening to me, Nathan?" She asks. I blink a few times.

"I wanna take a break." I whine.

"We just started two minutes ago!" She exclaims.

"But...but..." I struggle to find an excuse.

"Faites attention!" She snaps her fingers a couple of times. I groan loudly, and she starts laughing.

"I don't know what that means!" I whine.

"It means pay attention." She says with a smile on her beautiful lips. "Which you would know if you did!"

I huff loudly.

"It is okay Nathan, I will just go home."

She starts to get up.

"You're bluffing." I accuse.

"I am not." She says. She grabs her jeans off of the floor, but I don't move.

She's bluffing.

I watch as she pulls on her shorts, and then she pulls my shirt over her head, revealing her bare chest.

Excited, I sit up.

"Wait, don't go!" I say. She puts her bra on, and then her red loose tank top. She puts on her shoes. I know she's bluffing. She brushes through her hair with her fingers, grabs her bag and her keys and her phone, and then exits the room.

She will probably hang out outside until I come out there.

But then I hear the front door slam.

Letting out a loud screech from my mouth, I flop out of bed onto the floor with a loud thud and exit my bedroom, sprinting across the apartment.

I pass Gabe, Harper and Mason on the couch, opening the door and running outside.

She's just at the top of the stairs.

"Odeletta Juileta Guillotin!" I bellow. She turns around.

"Nathan!" She hisses. "Where are your pants?"