Chapter 27: A Dozen Roses

The plane company Mason won tickets for has the worst planes I had ever been on, the turbulence was terrible, and I was sure we almost crashed six times.

The hotel, however, was a resort, with three swimming pools, on the beach, palm trees swaying in the wind, crystal clear oceans, and much to Gabe and Mason's liking, very attractive women with wavy sun kissed hair, tanned skin, and Hawaiian skirts.

I found myself checking my phone multiple times to see if my girl has messaged me, but she was working, so now I sit in a pool chair with my red swim trunks, shirtless, tanning. Gabe and Mason are off doing god knows what, and I love Hawaii.

I would love it more if Odette was here, but I'll survive.

The different language around me doesn't bother me. They know a lot of English here, but they also speak a lot of Hawaiian.

We've been here three days and we leave the day after tomorrow.

I'm sad to leave, but excited because I miss my girl.

We talk every night.

I snap out of my thoughts when something blocks my sunlight.

Opening my eyes, I see a girl standing before me. She has long brown locks, large breasts, tanned skin, and bright blue eyes. There's a flower halo on her head, and she wears a black bikini.

"Aloha." She says.

Why is she standing in front of me and why is she blocking my light?

"Hi." I say.

"Ah, you speak English." She says, smiling. "Me too. You are very handsome.

"Thank you." I say. "But I have a girlfriend."

Her smile doesn't falter, she just nods, sitting down in the chair next to me.

"I am Natalie."

I almost start laughing.

"I'm Nathan." I say, shifting to shake her hand. "You're not going to hit on me, right?"

She frowns.

"No, you said you have a girlfriend."

I nod slowly.

"Okay."

If she's not here to hit on me, what is she doing here?

I hear rushed footsteps and laughter, and Mason and Gabe go sprinting after me, Mason clutching Gabe's phone.

"Come on man!" Gabe whines. "She's mine! I found her first!"

He stops short though when he sees the girl sitting with me.

"Natalie, this is my cousin Gabe. Gabe, this is Natalie."

He flashes her a charming smile.

"Well you are quite the beauty, Natalie." He kisses her hand.

My phone starts ringing. I glance down at it.

Mon Amour

I press answer within the first ring.

"Bonjour." I say, tuning out Natalie and Gabe.

"Hey." She says. "How's Hawaii?"

"It's good. I met a girl named Natalie, isn't that great? Don't worry though, amour, I told her I have a girlfriend."

"I'm not worried." She says, and I can practically hear her smile. "I'm on my lunch break and I just wanted to hear your voice. I miss you."

"I miss you too." I say seriously, sighing when I feel a slight breeze.