five - unattainable ;

flashback ;

flashback ;

"sas!"

the girl with the untamable smile rushed down the wooden stairs, the clunking sound ever present, and with the use of her socks, slid across the hardwood. her feet were not on the ground much longer, however, because the petite eight year old was soon lifted into her older brother's strong arms. she clung to him and smiled into his neck cheerily with her hands wound around his neck.

"sawyer!" she murmured excitedly into his neck and he could feel her smile on his skin.

the fourteen year old had been away on a school field trip for many days in a row, and his little sister clung to him eagerly. despite the six year age distance, they were as close as could be. they were each other's best friends without a single doubt in the world.

"how was the trip," eileen chuckled in the sight of her two children reuniting. it caused a smile to grow wide on her face.

saskia slowly detached herself as her mother went in for a hug with sawyer, but she could not refrain from bouncing her weight from foot to foot, waiting for her chance with sawyer again.

"amazing!" sawyer exclaimed with a bright smile. "oh you should have seen it saskia! i'm sure you will enjoy it when you get to go with school in a few years!"

sawyer reached down and tickled his little sister's sides, her face emoting pure glee as she resisted his hands. giggles found themselves escaping from mouth's of both sawyer and saskia brown. they were pure magic.

"i am so glad you are home," saskia giggled with a beaming smile, "we have so much to catch up on, sawyer!" she cheered with hands in the air.

"that we do," sawyer noted with an one thousand watt smile.

the siblings instantly fell back into their way of just being. they shared such an unbreakable bond that their mother found herself standing back and watching. sawyer was wonderful with his little sister, and vice versa.

the two were not made to be separated. eileen feared what would become of either of the siblings if one were to leave. it would not be good and she vowed to prevent that as an end result at all costs.

["]