twenty-two - ambulate ;

saskia's pressures to reach perfection inevitably became the authors of her flaws

"you all have your assignments. you know where to rendezvous. daryl leads them out, sasha and abraham join him at the bottom of the hill, and glenn and saskia you hit us when you take care of the walkers at the tractor place. that's the one thing we got to get ahead of. everybody keep your heads—just keep up."

rick's voice through the radio was soon overpowered by the booming sound of flares rocketing into the sky. saskia threw a hand over her eyes to block out the beaming sun as she watched streaks of orange and white light up the bright sky. dropping her hand, she ran ahead to take care of two walkers staggering into their path.

feet pounding against the gravel beckoned her awareness of her increasing heartbeat. saskia swallowed thickly, drowning her fear, before she continued on. she let glenn watch the back and headed up the front of the group.

"everything good up there?" glenn's shout echoed into the clear day as he took a quick glance behind him to ensure no danger was creeping up on them.

"clear!" saskia yelled back, throwing her ponytail back over her shoulder to increase her visibility of the scenery approaching.

"glenn and saskia you have to hurry. the noise could distract the heard right off the road!"

saskia sighed, tossing the radio back onto her belt before picking up speed. she blissfully ignored the slight burn that threatened to set her lungs ablaze as she pushed forward.

"it's just up ahead," saskia called out to the group, waiting an extra moment so that they could catch up with her. she was the fastest member of the group and let her pace slow to accommodate the others.

"talk to me!" rick radioed in, his voice remaining calm as to not worry the others of any potential threats; that was his burden to bear.

"we're here." glenn picked up his walkie talkie and pressed the button necessary for his reply.

glenn ran ahead of saskia and inserted his knife in a rotting corpse that was caught underneath a tractor, ceasing any motion from its arms. saskia rolled up the sleeves of the flannel adorning her arms and took out her knife, ready to fight to the finish.

"sounds like a lot," nicholas whimpered, staying a fair distance away from the clattering sound of walkers banging relentlessly on the door to the worn and chipping building.

saskia fight the urge to roll her eyes. the abundance of walkers stuck inside of the supply store was obvious and evident from the beginning. the only reason they were standing there in the first place was to ensure the threat was eliminated and thus, nicholas should have prepared himself for the outcome he so timidly feared.