Unicorns And I Stopped Writing At 666 Words

Virgil's POV
Work, work, work. Is that all there is in life? There are more important things to do. More fulfilling. Sadly, the only way to fulfill your stomach is to work, get paid, and eat. Sorry, that joke was bad. Almost as bad as our Unicorn frappaccino that we have.
(I didn't like it. Sue me.)

Cue Mr. Handsome walking in.

"Hello to you, on this fine day. How might I assist you?" I dramatically announce with a bow.

Roman chuckled and replied, "why, hello, Virgil. It is astounding to make your acquaintance on this blessed day! I would love two Unicorn frappaccinos, one with extra whipped cream,  extra powder, and the other with only extra whipped cream, without the powder. The one with no powder as a venti, both extra as a tall, please," Roman finished with a swipe of his card. I swear, one day I'm going to snap at his excessively complicated orders. This time he decided to mix up the orders and basically order them at the same time, while putting the sizes last. Ugh.

Wait- who's the other one for? I didn't see anyone with him. Logan, perhaps? Who knows, maybe they'll be for here and I'll see who the other one is for...

I make the drinks exactly how they're ordered, writing my signature "Ramen" on each cup, and called out the drinks for, "Sir-Sings-A-Lot".

He accepts the plastic cups with a quick "thank you" and walks out of the building.

Darn. I wanted to see if he has a girlfriend or something.

She could be cute, you don't know that. Don't look at me like that, you judgemental reader. You don't know anything. You don't know how my life is going to play out. Just leave me alone and switch to Roman's life or something, I don't really know how this works.

Virgil, stop breaking the fourth wall!

Yeah... I'm pretty sure you telling me 'don't break the fourth wall!' is breaking the fourth wall even further...

Quiet, you!

Mhmfmhuhm!

Yeah, I need to stop intervening... You can talk now.

Good. Now, just switch to Roman? Please?

Fine.
~~~

Roman's POV
I can't believe that Starbucks has a new drink named after my favorite mystical animal! I need to get Joan to try it, but they won't unless it doesn't have the powder in it. They've heard bad stuff about the powder...

So, I order two and make the order complicated, as I do. It's hard to get out a normal order, let alone one a devilishly handsome guy is putting in.

What? It's not like I'm trying to hide the fact I think he's attractive.

After the orders are done, I grab them both, say a quick "thank you" and walk out.

I find Joan in the passenger seat and hand them the drink.

They take a sip and their face contracted into one of disgust.

"That bad, huh?" I ask.
"No, more of a 'how-the-f*ck-can-someone-drink-this??'" they cursed.
I take a sip, knowing I love the drink already. Joan stares at me like I'm crazy, but it's the extra whipped cream. I love it when it's mixed in...

I didn't realize I finished the drink until Joan asks me how I downed the entire thing so quickly.

"Oh, hey, was that cute guy at the counter the one you're totally crushing on?" they ask.

I blush and reply, "no."

"Don't lie, Roman!" they pester.

I punch them and say a quiet, "shut up."

"Go talk to him!" oh no...

"I already have his number..." I mumble into my straw, sucking up air.

Screams. "YOU DO?!"

"Joan! Calm down! It was under the impression of friendship. He doesn't like me like that," I return.

"Bullsh*t!" they scream.

"Language!"

"English!"

"Now is not the time for word association games, Joan." I roll my eyes.

"It's always the time for word association games," they look me dead in the eye.