Roller Coasters And Candy Apples

Virgil's POV
So, mine and Princey's duet was... Fun.

I didn't think he had heard me singing along... I'm a huge theater nerd, although I don't show it.

Wicked was my first musical that brought me into this wonderful world of songs and acting. It will always hold a special place in my heart.

We park after 10 minutes of searching and I have to untangle myself from Logan. (I don't know how this happened, really. How did I get my feel onto his shoulders when he's upside down?)

We all exit the car and immediately hear music playing.

I throw a questionable look at Roman and mention, "This seems more like a fair or amusement park than a festival..."

He ponders the answer for a moment before responding, "Well, have you not been here before? Fall is everyone's favorite season, so there's more money going into the attractions, and more money means more fun stuff. Let's go!" He grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the ticket booth.

We pay the lady working it and she puts wrist bands on us. "Have fun!" she calls as we run away.

Joan elbows Logan and points to Roman and me standing close together.

"Hey, uh, you guys can go have fun. Logan and I are going to go to the hay maze." Joan grabs Logan's arm and sprints away, Logan almost falling in the process.

Roman scratches his head and turns to me. "Well, that was odd. What do you want to do?"
"I don't know, I've never been. You're the expert. Lead the way, Glinda."
"If you insist, Elfie!" he chirps and starts walking away.

He brings us towards a roller coaster that doesn't look all that bad, but people are screaming, so I guess looks can be deceiving.

"You... Want to do the roller coaster?" I ask. He doesn't look the coaster type. Then again, I don't know much about him.

"Yeah! It's really fun and a lot scarier than it looks. At one part, a giant- well, I'll let you see for yourself."
I nod and we get in line.

After waiting for a minute, I get an idea.
"Hey, Roman, did you see that Tumblr post about the 'roller coaster confessions'?"
"Uh... What's Tumblr?"
"O h my G OD." He's gonna get an education.
"Whatever, what's the 'roller coaster confession'?" he gets impatient.
"Oh, well, it's basically; right before a drop in a roller coaster, if you get your timing just right, you scream some random confession that doesn't have to be honest, like 'I killed Mufasa!' and before anyone has any time to react, you drop and everyone screams. It makes it sound like people are screaming at your confession," I explained.
He now has a twinkle in his eye. "Sounds fun! Let's do it."

By now, we're at the front of the line about to get on and Roman looks as happy as ever.

He smiles at me as we get situated onto the ride. I guess he could tell I was a bit nervous, because his eyes showed concern and asked, "You okay?"
I nodded and smiled.
"You don't look okay..." he's not convinced.
"I've never ridden a roller coaster before," I admit.
He thought for a second, held my hand and said, "I'll protect you."

~~~
Shit shit shit shit shit
Why did I agree to do this?

I squeeze Roman's hand tighter, him doing a small pulse in return.
We approach the drop.

The ride slows. We're in the front.

I shut my eyes and hold my breath.

I don't even care about the 'roller coaster confession' anymore, I just want to get off this death trap!