Confession And Coffee

Virgil's POV
Patton has this stupid idea that might just work on that stupid prince.

I don't even know why I agreed to confess, it's not even that big of a crush! It'll go away... Eventually...

I shouldn't worry about it too much right now, I'm at work. Patton is cleaning the bathroom while I'm working the counter. He insisted I work counter for the plan.

Everyone's orders are so easy. Three guys walked in asking for pumpkin spice lattes, two girls asked for our bacon, gouda, and egg sandwiches, and a little girl with her mom asked for a cake pop with a vanilla bean frappaccino.
Ah, fall. Where all men ask for pumpkin spice lattes, then proceed to mock the girls for ordering the same thing.

I'm finishing up taking an order of hot  chocolate when a certain royal character walks in.
I nod a 'sup' and proceed to ask if that would be all he would like today.

Roman eventually gets to the front and before he even opens his mouth, I quickly say, "don't bother ordering, I have a special drink for you."
"I'm intrigued... It won't have poison, will it?" he asks, putting his hands out and taking a step back.
"No, Heather, I don't poison people," I roll my eyes.
"You watched Heathers!" he exclaims excitedly.
"Oh, shut up and go sit down. I'll have your drink out in a few."
"'Kay, thanks Virge."
I groan at the name, but start on his drink. I can't just give him a normal pumpkin spice latte, that's not how this works!

I make him a pumpkin spice latte with extra whipped cream, extra cinnamon powder, (or whatever is in that stuff), and decide to put a Carmel drizzle on top. I hope it doesn't taste too bad, I've never actually had one before...

I wrote on the bottom of the cup, 'I like you a latte' and groan at how cheesy and over-used it is in all of those Coffee Shop AUs, but it's too late now.

"One drink for the guy obsessed with me and over complicated drinks!" I call out.
I see a faint blush as he walks towards the counter and grabbing his cup.

I wrote that on the bottom, because there's a chance he might not see it. If Patton were there, he would've made me write it on the lid.

Well, my deed is done. Time for pain and rejection! Also, it's Patton's turn.

Patton's POV
Virgil got me after he said that he continued out his plan. Good for him! I'm proud of my little anxious guy, I know that must've been tough.

I walk behind the counter right as Logan walks in. How convenient!

He walks up to the counter and orders a hot chocolate with no whipped cream.
"Anything for you, cuddle buddy." I whisper that last part, hoping he didn't hear. He did. He's blushing. It's cute. I make his drink.

I wrote, "wanna choco-bout our feelings? :)" on the cup and called out his name.

He came to the counter and picked up his drink, not yet noticing the writing.
He may not have noticed it, but Roman did. He started laughing and looked my way, giving me a thumbs up.

"Why are you laughing? Roman? What... Oh, the writing. I just noticed that, give me a minute to read it! Would you stop- ugh, I'll go outside where there's no one laughing in my ear!" he was visibly upset... Maybe he shouldn't read that...

"Logan, wait! It's just a little joke, I don't know if you'd get it..." I tried to tell him.
He didn't listen.

"'Wanna choco-bout our feelings?' what does this mean? That's not a correct phrase or proper grammar..." he started ranting and I stopped listening. I walked over to him in the middle of his lecture about the difference between the words 'want to' and the made up word 'wanna'.

"...Furthermore-" I cut him off by pulling him towards me by his necktie and kissing him. He doesn't kiss back, so I stop.
When we release I can see him staring dumbfounded, blushing like crazy.
He clears his throat and says, "I have to gay- I mean go," and walks out the door. (Not before bumping into a table, though).

I sit down next to Roman and feel my heart start to break. Tears fill my eyes and I look at the boy who's comforting me.
"Does... Does he not like me?" I ask.
"Of course he does! He was just planning on telling you later today and that... Well, that was a shock to us all. Even JD over there is gawking at you and I'm sure he knew about your plan."
Virgil walked over to us and sat down.

I sniffed and smiled at Roman's confession for Logan.
"I guess now's a good time to ask if you saw Virgil's note?"
Virgil tensed up and Roman looked slowly towards him. His breathing started to become a mix of shallow but slow.
"What note?"
"It's... It's on the bottom. I was hoping you wouldn't see it..." and with that, the poor kiddo runs away to the bathroom, locking himself in.