Pancakes And Plans

Roman's POV
I woke up to one side being awfully cold, and the other being awfully warm.
I glance over at the colder side and jump a little when I see an arm.
I follow the arm to its owner, seeing Virgil peacefully sleeping. He's cuddling me. Virgil- the guy who didn't want to sit next to anyone- is cuddling me.

He looks so peaceful and cute. I need to take a picture.
I reach for my phone, slowly moving to not wake him, and barely grab my phone before I had to make too many motions.

I snap a picture of him and quietly make an 'awe' noise, because he just looks too darn cute! Almost like a Disney prince, too... I wonder if he could be my- woah there, Roman. Slow your roll. He probably doesn't even like you like that anyways. It's just a silly little crush, you'll get over it.

Virgil started to stir in his sleep, so I decided to pretend to sleep as well, so he doesn't suspect anything. I don't know what he'd suspect, but I don't want him suspecting what he might suspect. Is that too many 'suspects'? Probably, but now I need to "sleep".

I close my eyes and wait for any movements.

"Awe, Princey's still asleep," I hear him say.
I feel him cuddling into me. What? That's not what I was expecting...

I feel a sweep of wind as he removes himself from my embrace, immediately getting sadder and "waking up".

"Morning, Princey. Want some breakfast?" he asked me.
"Sure. Hey- did you know you're a cuddler?" I ask him in return.
He started to blush and I quickly stated, "don't worry, you looked adorable so it's okay." I threw a wink in there.
Ah, the merciless teasing.
"Oh, shut up. I saw you pout when I got up. And... You saw me?" he looked confused.
"Oh, uh, yeah... I kinda pretended to be asleep when you woke up," I confessed--what can I say? I have no filter when I'm tired.
"That's a bit creepy, but I'm too tired right now to process it, so let's eat food. I'm starving."
~~~
Virgil's POV
(sorry, I like his POV)
Adorable? Wink? What was he getting at? He didn't figure out my crush, did he? It's small, but he doesn't like me like that. I know it's such a cliché thing to say, but I honestly don't think he likes me back. That's okay, I will live.

Roman and I make pancakes, and I manage not to throw flour on him. (No matter how much I wanted to for that wink).

Joan wakes up once food is ready and I am told to go wake the other two up to come eat.

I walk into the living room and see them holding each other close, like they are about to kiss. I, of course, take a picture.
Later I'll edit that to make their faces... A little closer together.

I wake Patton up, because I know that he'd be fine with me seeing him like that. I wasn't sure about Logan. I just asked him to wake Logan up when I left.

A minute later, all of us were in the kitchen either getting food or eating it. I sit next to Joan, Logan across from me, Patton across from Joan, and Roman next to me on the end of the table.
We all eat in comfortable silence until Joan slams their hands on the table and announces, "ALL OF YOU BETTER START DATING WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR ELSE I'M GONNA BE PISSED," then sits back down, eating calmly.

Now the silence is unbearable.
Logan looks at Patton, I look at Roman, all of us visibly either irritated or uncomfortable.
"Well, I'm going to go to the park. Wanna join me, Virgil?" Patton asks me.
"Sure, let me finish my bacon first, then I'll meet you there. 'Kay?"
He nodded and headed out.

I finish my bacon, then quickly exit the premises, practically running out of the house.

Reaching the park, I notice Patton on the swings.

"Pat, you never go to the park unless something's up. Does it... have something to do with what Joan said?" I ask cautiously.

"Uh... Um... No?" he states, more like a question.

"You like Logan, don't you?" I gasp when he blushes.

"I know I just met him, but you know me. I'm all about feelings and emotions. He's... Like a breath of fresh air. Not one to really understand them, he's my escape. You know?" he looks at me, and I can tell he really likes this guy.

"Yeah, I know. Go get him, tiger." I pat his shoulder.
I turn away to go back when I hear, "Well, what about you and Roman?" I freeze in my steps and turn back to face him.
"What are you talking about?" I hope he doesn't know...
"Oh, please. I've had to watch you every day at work. Whenever he walks in, you immediately get happier and your whole mood is shifted. He makes you smile. That's something I want to see more." By now he's standing up, his hand on my shoulder.
"Let's make a deal... I confess when you do. I'll tell Logan tomorrow night, and you tell Roman. It'll be fine," he finishes, giving me his fatherly smile. He'll make a great dad some day.
I nod my head and we head back to the house.

Roman's POV
"Roman, may I speak with you? Now that the others have gone." Joan went back home and the other two are at the park.

"Sure, what's up?" I ask, walking towards the living room.

He follows me, eventually sitting on the couch seat next to mine.
"Well, you know how I've never been good with emotions- dealing with them, understanding others', having them in general..." he looked off.
"Go on," I persuade him.
"Well, I've been starting to have... feelings... for someone, and they seem to be getting stronger each time I look at him smile," he smiles at the thought of his crush smiling.

Oh shit, it better not be me or else things will get awkward...

"So, who is this mystery man?" I shoulder him while asking.
"I'll give you a hint: I've only recently met him."
Phew! Not me. Wait...
"Virgil?" I almost yell.
"What? No!" he looks and sounds offended at the thought.
"No, I like Patton. Don't worry, Virgil is all yours." I blush.
"What? No, I don't... like... Virgil!" I defend myself. Surely it can't be that obvious! He would have figured it out if Logan can!
"Oh, come on! I see the way you look at him. You trip him on purpose; not so you'd win, but so you can catch him and be his savior."
"...How could you have figured it out so easily? This is emotions we're dealing with!" I'm dumbfounded.
"The pieces were all there. I just had to put them together."

"Well, what are we gonna do about our crushes?" I ask, seeming to deflate like a balloon.
"Well, I propose that we are going to, not gonna, tell them tomorrow night at the same time. I'll tell Patton here, you tell Virgil at the park. Deal?" He holds his hand out.

I think for a moment before nodding and agreeing, "Deal." I shake his hand.