Chapter Six

It had been hours since I first texted Namjoon and he still hadn't replied. Now past two in the afternoon and it was beginning to feel like the day was slipping away. This was our last full day living here and I didn't want it to go to waste.

This made me decide to just go to Namjoon and see what he was doing and why he hadn't replied to me yet. I quickly got dressed out of my pajamas, despite it being the afternoon. What can I say I only got dressed properly if I was going out. Any other time and it would just be unnecessary.

His house was unlocked as usual but this time unusually, the house felt empty. Not even Namjoon's music was there to indicate life was present. When I poked my head around Namjoons door I was surprised to see that his room was almost completely tidy. Everything was packed up in cardboard boxes and they were all stacked against the far wall. I wonder when he had the time to do that?

It was odd seeing it completely bare. It all felt wrong and like an empty shell of what used to be. I watched him grow up in this room and suddenly it was all gone.

Joonie was fast asleep on the bed with his head side on the pillow allowing for me to see his parted lips. He appeared so innocent, like nothing in the world had ever bothered him. He looked so peaceful which made me wonder if I should even wake him or rather just lie with him.

However, that decision was made for me when I sat down at the end of his bed and he stirred awake. I watched him as his eyes gradually opened and he looked up to where I was sitting.

"Ivy?" He asked sleepily with a low and raspy voice. He had a pleasant morning voice.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up Joon," I spoke softly.

"No, it's fine. I should probably be up by now anyway." Namjoon murmured, smothering his face deeper in his pillow.

"You were up late packing I'm guessing?" I said while glancing around still feeling weird about all of his stuff being gone.

"Yes, so I could spend all day with you. Then again I've been asleep most of the day so that didn't work out" He chuckled to himself with his face still buried in his pillow.

"That's okay. The party starts in a few hours so I just wanted to see that you were still alive and that." I laughed.

"I should start getting ready then," Namjoon said and rolled over onto his back. His hair was messy and pressed to his forehead, making his appearance of slumber even more evident.

"But you it's a few hours away," I spoke quietly, watching him sit up in bed.

"Exactly," Namjoon stated before hesitating to stand up.

"Oh, can you look away for a sec? I don't want you to see me in my underwear." I chuckled quietly in response and turned away from him to stare at his pristine white wall. I felt the bed shuffle as he got up.

"And don't peak!" Namjoon exclaimed as he walked around his room. I continued to stare at the wall, thinking now about how it was a little surprising that I hadn't seen him in his underwear yet considering how long we had been friends for. Still, that didn't make me want to turn around and change that.

"What do you think I  should I wear?" I had almost no clue. The only thing that came to mind was the same pair of black skinny jeans I wore and a colorful shirt. But I wore that almost every day with little variation. I should wear something a little more exciting for my first party.

"I'm not sure, something you are comfortable it?" He replied quickly, obviously not paying that much attention.

"Don't say that I will literally turn up in a blanket," I muttered resulting in him laughing lightly in response.